Windows 10: Update to 10

Discus and support Update to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to update to 10 on my laptop but It keeps failing as I need to free up disk space I have deleted everything possible and have bought an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SP_373, Oct 13, 2019.

1. SP_373 Win User

Update to 10

Hi I am trying to update to 10 on my laptop but It keeps failing as I need to free up disk space I have deleted everything possible and have bought an external drive however it still says I need to free up pace on my computer. I have tried to move files and apps to my external hard drive but the move button is shaded out and unable to use this - can anyone help please?

:)

SP_373, Oct 13, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update to 10 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Update to 10

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Update to 10

1. Update to 10 - Similar Threads - Update

2. .netframework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system but i have windows 10 fully updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .netframework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system but i have windows 10 fully updated: I just had windows 10 installed on my pc after wiping the harddrive and some applications thinks that its running windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netframework-48-is-not-supported-on-this-operating/a3952f2c-cdc8-425b-bd83-a0347efb5315
  3. Buzzing noises, caused by latest update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buzzing noises, caused by latest update?: My laptop has started emitting a random glitchy buzzing noise when playing videos or music, it was fine for years and has just started doing it in the last few weeks Things I have looked at so far Restarting the machine Trying different programs (Spotify, Firefox, VLC)...
  4. Windows 10 De-Activated after latest Windows Updates - January 2020

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 De-Activated after latest Windows Updates - January 2020: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro product key. After the latest windows updates about a week ago, I am getting the"Activate Windows. Go to Setting to activate Windows" message on the bottom right of my screen. The error code generated is:0xC004F025. After troubleshooting, it...
  5. Update win7 to win10 Error code 0x80004005

Update win7 to win10 Error code 0x80004005: I have been trying for two weeks to get the upgrade to work. I have nothing running or attached and constantly get the same error. Here is a readout from System Diagnostic ______________________________________ Error: SetupDiag reports abrupt down-level failure. Last...
  6. Windows 10 latest update installed. Password issue.

Windows 10 latest update installed. Password issue.: Boot sequence no longer recognizes password. Is there a procedure to make a bootable DVD with a workaround that will recognize the disk to boot system?...
  7. Ran a program from microsoft to install all new updates. Now i'm locked out of my account.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ran a program from microsoft to install all new updates. Now i'm locked out of my account.: Alright so I ran this tool https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445 Left it to run while I went to bed. Came back this morning i'm at the lock screen. I found it normal it just automatically restarted. Tried to login, It started the login process. Then it goes black...
  8. Windows 10 update install failed.

Windows 10 update install failed.: Windows 10 update was installed today. Computer could not restart afterwards. I don't have a recovery file. I tried doing a re-install. That is failing to complete. What to try next?...
  9. Windows 10’s latest update is plagued with new issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s latest update is plagued with new issues: Microsoft ships problematic Windows 10 updates every once in a while and you might just want to skip that update, but some updates are important for your security. Windows 10 KB4528760, which is Microsoft’s important security, is failing to install for many users and the bug...
  10. Cumulative Update Error 0x80070002

Cumulative Update Error 0x80070002: Hello, I've been having trouble with the cumulative updates for a few months and have ignored it until now. When I go into update and security I get a notification saying "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. 2020-01 Cumulative Update...