Windows 10: updates are failing ... other issues also ..... i have been waiting for a return call...

Discus and support updates are failing ... other issues also ..... i have been waiting for a return call... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ---- > We will call you at 815-741-2722 on Monday, March 18, 2019, 4:15 PM. Your call has been successfully scheduled. Let me know if there's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Janet Ragusa, Mar 18, 2019.

1. updates are failing ... other issues also ..... i have been waiting for a return call...

---- > We will call you at 815-741-2722 on Monday, March 18, 2019, 4:15 PM.

Your call has been successfully scheduled.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

there have been several problems with my pc - don't know if this problem has anything to do with the failures. my printer - all lights blink, I need to turn off/on - then ok for short time. sound is really bad - echoes. contrast is nasty. when I pull up an app, it doesn't start up when I click it, I must do several times, then more than one starts. It also looks as tho my restore is not copying my sys files. I feel that my sys start needs to be checked and background / services …… PLEASE ……. THANK YOU SO MUCH

I'm sorry, but I'm having a technical problem.

Please use the options shown below to get in touch with Microsoft Customer Support.

Talk to a person

Call me back

Estimated wait time: 1 minute

Schedule a call

Chat

People waiting: 0

Ask the community

Get troubleshooting feedback from our worldwide community.

My device (Inspiron 5488 AIO)

If your device is still under warranty, contact Dell for support.

When you contact support, you agree to the support Service Agreement terms.

OK. You can connect to a person below.

Talk to a person

Thank you for contacting Microsoft

We will call you at 815-741-2722 on Monday, March 18, 2019, 4:15 PM.

Your call has been successfully scheduled. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

There Have Been Several Problems With My Pc - Don't Know If This Problem Has Anything To Do With The Failures. My Printer - All Lights Blink, I Need To Turn Off/On - Then Ok For Short Time. Sound Is Really Bad - Echoes. Contrast Is Nasty. When I Pull Up An App, It Doesn't Start Up When I Click It, I Must Do Several Times, Then More Than One Starts. It Also Looks As Tho My Restore Is Not Copying My Sys Files. I Feel That My Sys Start Needs To Be Checked And Background / Services …… Please ……. Thank You

------------- > I have wanted you to call me - suppose to be at 3 pm cst today no one called -------- then again at 1:15 pm ----- no one called ------ whats going on ????

OK. You can connect to a person below.

Talk to a person

Cancel

Sorry, we're having trouble connecting you. Feel free to try again or ask another question.

Try Again

:)

Janet Ragusa, Mar 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

updates are failing ... other issues also ..... i have been waiting for a return call...

Failed updates

Hi Lozo,

There are several possible reasons why Windows Updates are failing such as system file corruption or software conflict. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are there error messages associated with the failed updates?
    • What's the result of the Windows Update Troubleshooter? Did it detect any issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This is to prevent us from providing the same steps.

In the meantime, we recommend that you check this
    page
    and follow the instructions on how to troubleshoot Windows Update issues. If you've already tried some of the suggested steps in the article, you can skip those and proceed to the next one.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

updates are failing ... other issues also ..... i have been waiting for a return call...

1. updates are failing ... other issues also ..... i have been waiting for a return call... - Similar Threads - updates are failing

2. I have been called by stranger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been called by stranger: I have been called by people claiming to be Microsofts' workers although I never shared my phone number with Microsoft. They said, they receive a warning signal coming from my computer. My computer is attacked by a malware and Microsoft will block my access and I won't be...
  3. I have been called by stranger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been called by stranger: I have been called by people claiming to be Microsofts' workers although I never shared my phone number with Microsoft. They said, they receive a warning signal coming from my computer. My computer is attacked by a malware and Microsoft will block my access and I won't be...
  4. Reset fails also the other options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset fails also the other options: Trying to restore my PC so I tried everything in the Windows recovery environment. I dont have enough knowledge with some error messages but the reset fails says unable to reset PC. Tried both keep files or remove everything without effect. Tried to perform system restore...
  5. Reset fails also the other options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset fails also the other options: Trying to restore my PC so I tried everything in the Windows recovery environment. I dont have enough knowledge with some error messages but the reset fails says unable to reset PC. Tried both keep files or remove everything without effect. Tried to perform system restore...
  6. Reset fails also the other options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Message showing I have been infected and call a number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Message showing I have been infected and call a number: There are 3 open pages. !. WINDOWS DEFENDER SECURITY CENTERIn red App:Ads.financetrack2.dllThreat detected:Trojan Spyware.Access has been blocked Contact Windows Support: +1-888-378-1308Security HelplineNext Window is blue backgroundCan't read messagesThis is on my other...
  8. Waiting for the technician to call and complete the unfinished issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Waiting for the technician to call and complete the unfinished issue.: Hi, I have been waiting for a call from the higher technician and the technician said to me yesterday that he will call me at 5pm in my time. However, it is almost 9pm now in my time. I really want to finish this problem and not waiting for longer. The job he is supposed...
  9. Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!: Split from this thread. I have a slightly different question concerning malware and hope you can give me some insight on it. A company called Cisco Hub called me advising me I had been hacked by someone from China, I was given an IP Address which I do not have now. They...
  10. Why do I have to wait for updates??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I have to wait for updates??: So im in Windows 10 and i see a button. "Update and shutown". I click this deceptive button. I turn the computer on.... Guess what? It must spend the last of my battery installing update. Thanks . So it's really "shutdown, THEN update" does Microsoft have trouble with...