Windows 10: Updates remain after Windows Reset?

Discus and support Updates remain after Windows Reset? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone ever heard of using Windows Reset feature to remove everything... Yet once complete, you go to Control Panel > See Installed Updates... And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Msmirror, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Msmirror Win User

Updates remain after Windows Reset?

Has anyone ever heard of using Windows Reset feature to remove everything... Yet once complete, you go to Control Panel > See Installed Updates... And there are several updates there?

I have a Win 10 laptop 1803.. did a Reset and thats what im seeing. I don't have Restore features on.

How can updates remain AFTER a full reset? Even stranger is the Installed Date shows Todays date and the computer is not hooked up to the internet.

And yes, I'm choosing the Erase everything option.

Im almost certain there is no security issues / virus.. but i can't figure out how this is happening. I've never performed a reset and saw updates remaining. Four updates are for adobe and thr rest are KBs.

:)

Msmirror, Oct 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 3, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updates remain after Windows Reset? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Updates remain after Windows Reset?

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Updates remain after Windows Reset?

1. Updates remain after Windows Reset? - Similar Threads - Updates remain Reset

2. Personalization of PC after Windows update doesn't remain after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization of PC after Windows update doesn't remain after restart: After update of Windows 10, the personalization features all revert back to default after shut down and restart of PC. For example: desktop image chosen reverts to basic Windows default image, pinned apps in task bar disappear, Firefox homepage tabs revert to basic welcome...
  3. Personalization of PC after Windows update doesn't remain after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personalization of PC after Windows update doesn't remain after restart: After update of Windows 10, the personalization features all revert back to default after shut down and restart of PC. For example: desktop image chosen reverts to basic Windows default image, pinned apps in task bar disappear, Firefox homepage tabs revert to basic welcome...
  4. Personalization of PC after Windows update doesn't remain after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Sandbox remains 1903 after updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Sandbox remains 1903 after updating to 1909: I noticed that Windows Sandbox remains version 1903 after updating Pc's to to 1909. Even on a PC where I first activated Sandbox after updating to 1909. Is this by design or should Sandbox be version 1909 as well? If so, how can I fix that? ****...
  6. Does Windows remain when PC is reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Windows remain when PC is reset?: Hey, guys, do you know if Windows 10 will stay if I reset my PC? By default my PC does not have Windows. I bought it separately, that's why I ask. So my you at the top option will Windows stay? See picture: [ATTACH] Bleibt Windows wenn PC zurückgesetzt wird?
  7. Lepi reset remains the winods code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lepi reset remains the winods code?: Hey, I want to set my lepi to factory default and make it completely new but I don't know my Windows 10 pro key because I lost it... Can I reset my lepi Trzdm without having to buy a new key. Lepi zurücksetzen bleibt der winods Code?
  8. My Windows is registered Will it remain registered after resetting my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows is registered Will it remain registered after resetting my laptop ?: I bought a new laptop and my windows was registered in it. After some weeks, I forgot my password and now i need to reset my Laptop to reset the password. My Windows is registered Will it remain registered after resetting my laptop ?...
  9. Version 1803 remains after reseting+notify download update not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1803 remains after reseting+notify download update not working: I recently bought a laptop with windows 10 pro preinstalled. I wasn't quite sure which default version it came with when i first bought it, however there was the 'Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4100347)'. Right after I have finish installing the...
  10. Version 1803 remains after reseting+notify download update not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Version 1803 remains after reseting+notify download update not working: I recently bought a laptop with windows 10 pro preinstalled. I wasn't quite sure which default version it came with when i first bought it, however there was the 'Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4100347)'. Right after I have finish installing the...