Windows 10: Use microsoft store on local account

Discus and support Use microsoft store on local account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just converted my win10 machine to local account, but found out that microsoft store does not work on local account. All guides online seem to be 2-3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/f36a, May 22, 2020.

1. /u/f36a Win User

Use microsoft store on local account

I just converted my win10 machine to local account, but found out that microsoft store does not work on local account. All guides online seem to be 2-3 yrs old and not work.

How to use it on local account? Am on win10 pro version 1909

submitted by /u/f36a
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/f36a, May 22, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 22, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Use microsoft store on local account [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Use microsoft store on local account - Similar Threads - microsoft store local

2. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using microsoft store without Microsoft account: I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and...
  3. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using microsoft store without Microsoft account: I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and...
  4. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  5. use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?: i rememebr it was a requirement to sign into my new pc with a microsoft account, so i made one, but i dont find a use for it and i saw one of my friends use a local account. i want to log out of my microsoft account on my pc and delete the account, i dont use any microsoft...
  6. can Microsoft Office be used on a local account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    can Microsoft Office be used on a local account: hello new to the forum and windows 10 i recently purchased a new Dell laptop with windows 10 home. i am gradually trying to acclimate myself with windows 10 and while i like it overall like many i am not at all thrilled about the invasive nature of 10 and being forced into a...
  7. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...
  8. Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?: I know that in Win 8.1 you can use your local account, go to the MS Store and install applications by simply selecting the app and installing it. At most, the system will want you to validate using your MSA, but not insist on switching your account to the MSA. In Win 10...
  9. Use Local account with Windows Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Local account with Windows Store: How to: Use Local account with Windows Store How to Use Store without Switching to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 [img] Information The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through,...
  10. Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store: Title says it all. I like to boot up and log in with no password but I want to use my Microsoft account when I am fooling with store apps. Is this possible? 14892