Windows 10: user account change

Discus and support user account change in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ok, hoping someone can help me. i was in process of adding my kids to the pc so they can log into the school website for the homework. now, somehow,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lj2007, Jul 24, 2016.

1. lj2007 Win User

user account change

Ok, hoping someone can help me.

i was in process of adding my kids to the pc so they can log into the school website for the homework. now, somehow, the account i am actually on (which is mine) changed the user log on as my sons, meaning his name now has all the software and progs etc (not what is meant to happen) rather than creating a new separate account.
    So, i have tried to change this but unable to revert this sign on as my account, and to simply create another with mine means i lose my work.

ive googled but all i find is setting up accounts, not exactly what i am after

is there a way i can revert this log on to mine and then create a new account (again) for my son?

TIA

:)

lj2007, Jul 24, 2016

2. Changes to User Account

Hi Jitu,

We'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Marielle Cas, Jul 24, 2016
  3. user account change

Hi Prashant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to try to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in Search box
    next to Start Menu.

2. Click on User Accounts.

3. Again click on User Accounts.

4. Then click on Change your account type.

5. Click on Administrator option.

6. Then click on Change Account Type and click on Ok.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 24, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

user account change

NavyLCDR, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

user account change

1. user account change - Similar Threads - user account change

2. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  3. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  4. Change name of user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change name of user account: I have an admin user account named "Admin". After I created it, I linked it with my Microsoft account which bears the name of "Shmuel". However, the system still calls the account "Admin". For instance, the path is C:\Users\Admin I want to change the name to "Shmuel", because...
  5. Changing main account user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing main account user: I am trying to change the main account user on my laptop but the individual who owned the computer previously does not remember the password, how do I go about deleting her account?...
  6. change the user account control?

change the user account control?: Hello dear community, with some programs I get the following message: (see attachment). I would like to know how I can issue this message so that it no longer appears for a certain program, i.e. the selection is automatically marked "yes". For your information: I use...
  7. problem in changing user account

problem in changing user account: new adminstrator accnt not creating and it shows acesss is denied net user Administrator /active:yes IT NOT WORKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-changing-user-account/6923313f-6b9a-475d-ae85-2f8073d7edb2
  8. To change the user account type

To change the user account type: when I tried to change the user [ATTACH]account type it wont allowing me to change it. And when iam deleting the files in one user account and it will be also[ATTACH]deleted in another administrator account also....
  9. Changing to a local user account.

Changing to a local user account.: Hey guys, I am thinking of changing to a local user account. My main questions is, when there is a windows update (1809 to 1903) would my personal settings be still there when i upgrade or will I have to redo my settings? Also, if I change to a local account, would that...
  10. User Account Name Change

User Account Name Change: Final result of this whole process: JUST CREATE A NEW USERNAME AND START ALL OVER. Weird/odd things keep popping up. The sound issue, random program errors, and random instability with Windows (I clicked the wifi button in notifications to turn it off the other day to move...