Windows 10: User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???

Discus and support User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was trying to read an article from off of MSN, when I hit the link, it required me to enter my Microsoft account again, then it gave me this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Doctor-Who, Nov 25, 2018.

1. User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???

I was trying to read an article from off of MSN, when I hit the link, it required me to enter my Microsoft account again, then it gave me this error message:

Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft' and cannot access the application '3f754e00-1ab5-44d6-87f9-c62e4216cc25' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different account.

What?! This IS my Microsoft account, that I use to log into my Windows 10 machine at home. The one I've used for many YEARS. How in heck could it "not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'"?

:)

Doctor-Who, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'??? :(

Zakin, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???

1. User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'??? - Similar Threads - User account does

2. AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...: I need to enter this site to work as employer, but dont login.https://my.oneforma.com/Account/login.phpThe error message:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sign inSorry, but we’re having trouble signing you...
  3. AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...: I need to enter this site to work as employer, but dont login.https://my.oneforma.com/Account/login.phpThe error message:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sign inSorry, but we’re having trouble signing you...
  4. AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant: This has been haunting me for months - shockingly it survived a complete Windows and Visual Studio install from scratch.Every time I login to Visual Studio, I'm faced with half a dozen login screens - one after the other, for various tenants that I have access to. It's pretty...
  5. AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant

AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant: This has been haunting me for months - shockingly it survived a complete Windows and Visual Studio install from scratch.Every time I login to Visual Studio, I'm faced with half a dozen login screens - one after the other, for various tenants that I have access to. It's pretty...
  6. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  7. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  8. AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant and cannot access...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant and cannot access...: I have installed and re installed the AIP Unified Client but still get the same error below when I open any office application of when right clicking on a file and selecting 'Classify and Protect' from the menu [ATTACH] I have created other tenants to test out AIP, and I...
  9. identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services”

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services”: AADSTS50020: User account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services” and cannot access the application “29d9ed98-a469-4536-ade2-f981bc1d605e”Microsoft Authentication Broker in that tenant. The...
  10. AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...: I am getting this error when I open an office document. Selected user account does not exist in tenant '*****' and cannot access the application 'c00e9*******7db99' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does not exist in tenant microsoft services

2. user account does not exist in tenant

3. selected user account does not exist in tenant

4. Selected user account does not exist in tenant Microsoft and cannot access the application,
  5. selected user account does not exist in tenant microsoft services and cannot access the application a8f7a65c-f5ba-4859-b2d6-df772c264e9d in that tenant. the account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. please use a different account.,
  6. the user account does not exist,
  7. Selected user account does not exist in tenant Microsoft,
  8. Selected user account does not exist in tenant Microsoft and cannot access the application 579a7132-0e58-4d80-b1e1-7a1e2d337859 in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different account.,
  9. does not exist in tenant,
  10. the account does not exist,
  11. user account verenadistelrath@gmail.com from identity provider live.com does not exist in tenant microsoft,
  12. does not exist in tenant Microsoft and cannot access the application,
  13. selected user does not exist in tenant,
  14. select user account does not exist in tenant,
  15. user account doesnt exist in OneVirtualOffice tenant