Windows 10: user accounts & signing in.

Discus and support user accounts & signing in. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Belarc shows the following users on my refurbished Win10 desktop. [img] What is the defaultuser0 dated 1/22/2017 in the local user accounts... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MeAndMyComputer, Mar 15, 2017.

1. user accounts & signing in.

Belarc shows the following users on my refurbished Win10 desktop.

user accounts & signing in. [​IMG]

What is the defaultuser0 dated 1/22/2017 in the local user accounts section?
    --- That’s the date I turned on the computer for the first time.
    --- Where is it in my computer? Can I use it for anything?
    What is the DefaultAccount in the local system accounts section? Can I use it for anything?

Also
    When I boot up and want to sign in to this desktop, I sign in screen shows my Microsoft outlook account address.
    I also have a Win10 laptop, but when I sign in upon booting up it shows my full name instead of my Microsoft outlook account address.
    How can a I adjust each one to show my full name?

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Mar 15, 2017
  2. iborg001 Win User

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in. Still doesn't work after fix attempts

Tried that. Did not help.

Only creating a new user account and signing on with it has the Start Menu & Cortana work when signed on to it. My regular user account still has the problem. Many of my important files & apps are under that user account. I need a fix for that account.

iborg001, Mar 15, 2017
  3. RDrewD2 Win User
    windows 10

Hi,

To create a new guest account, just click: Settings / Accounts / Family & other users / Add someone else to this PC / I don't have this person's sign-in information / Add a user without a Microsoft account. Give the account a name, then
    a password if you want to, then click: Next / Finish. Now that account will show up as a sign-in option in the lower left of the sign-in screen.

RDrewD2, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

user accounts & signing in.

Hello Larry, *Smile

The "defaultuser0" account would be a dummy account setup by whomever refurbished the PC for you to use to setup your own account "JustMe" from.

The local system accounts included by default in Windows, and are disabled by default. The tutorial below can show you more about account details.

View User Account Details in Windows 10

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove your email address from the sign-in screen.

Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 15, 2017
  5. Thank you Brink. All is well and I have a better understanding of user accounts.

MeAndMyComputer, Mar 16, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

user accounts & signing in.

1. user accounts & signing in. - Similar Threads - user accounts signing

2. Unable to sign in to User Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in to User Accounts: I have a Dell Latitude 5490 i7 8th laptop with 16 GB RAM & 512 GB SSD that I bought refurbished. Today, after finishing my work on the Administrator account, I tried to sign in to my user account named "USER - 1". However, even though I entered the correct pin, it displayed...
  3. Signing In with a child user account

Signing In with a child user account: Hello! I Tried to Sign-in with a child account. But i can't.. It says ''You need an Internet Connection For This''. But I can Sign-In with the administrator Account, WITHOUT Internet Connection....
  4. Can not sign-in to user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not sign-in to user account: I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 desktop from version 1709 to 1909 using the Microsoft Update Assistant. Once the update completed I am no longer able to sign into windows to access the main desktop screen. The account previously did have a password, however, there is...
  5. Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account: Hi, After a windows update build 1909 several setting were changed on my laptop. I've been able to use group policy to re-enable task manager and using the shutdown/lock/log out buttons on the start menu. However, windows is insisting that I logout of all other user...
  6. Unable to sign in to microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to sign in to microsoft user account: miscrosoft account sing in "You need to install an app for this task" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-in-to-microsoft-user-account/ded709da-dfff-4a4f-8bbf-96de589104fe
  7. multiple user accounts on sign in screen

multiple user accounts on sign in screen: I just purchased a refurbished Dell 5050 with Windows 10 Pro. It shows 3 accounts on sign in screen even though only one account shows in Local Users & Groups (which is the correct one I set up after Windows started). 2 of the accounts have the same correct name and 1 has the...
  8. Sign in option is not there in user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in option is not there in user accounts: Hi I want to sign in using fingerprint into windows.But I cant find the sign in option.Is there any other way to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-not-there-in-user-accounts/8f610f11-3bfe-4c4e-9d38-f9985de1d75e"
  9. Sign in option is not there in user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in option is not there in user accounts: Hi I want to sign in using fingerprint into windows.But I cant find the sign in option.Is there any other way to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/sign-in-option-is-not-there-in-user-accounts/8f610f11-3bfe-4c4e-9d38-f9985de1d75e"
  10. User Account not signing in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account not signing in: I have two user accounts on my PC. One local(password protected) and the other Outlook account(admin). Recently i am not able to sign-in to my local account, when i enter the user password, the welcome screen appears and after that signing-out screen appears and takes me...