Windows 10: using 1 Microsoft account on 2 computers with the same account

Discus and support using 1 Microsoft account on 2 computers with the same account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi i am just wondering because im going to build a new computer in a month with a new product key for windows 10 home. I just wanted to see if i can... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by John-Paul Bergamin, Dec 22, 2019.

1. using 1 Microsoft account on 2 computers with the same account

Hi i am just wondering because im going to build a new computer in a month with a new product key for windows 10 home. I just wanted to see if i can use 1 Microsoft account with all my games on there to sign in on my computer im going to be building because i just recently bought Forza Horizon 4 for $100 in the Microsoft store and i need to know if i can use the same account on a different computer so i can play the game with all my progression in the game.

Thanks

:)

John-Paul Bergamin, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown using 1 Microsoft account on 2 computers with the same account :(

Zakin, Dec 22, 2019
  3. alvez Win User
    outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    using 1 Microsoft account on 2 computers with the same account [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

using 1 Microsoft account on 2 computers with the same account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

using 1 Microsoft account on 2 computers with the same account

1. using 1 Microsoft account on 2 computers with the same account - Similar Threads - using Microsoft account

2. 2 laptops 1 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 laptops 1 Microsoft account: My wife got a new laptop and log into her account. Now all her stuff from her work laptop has also gone to her new laptop including some of her boss stuff. She uses the same email on both computers. Is there a way for her personal laptop to not have the work stuff without...
  3. 2 laptops 1 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 laptops 1 Microsoft account: My wife got a new laptop and log into her account. Now all her stuff from her work laptop has also gone to her new laptop including some of her boss stuff. She uses the same email on both computers. Is there a way for her personal laptop to not have the work stuff without...
  4. Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1: I am helping a recently widowed friend with her IT amongst other things and have inadvertently ended up with 2 Microsoft accounts when we tried to renew her MS365 subscription - long story but suffice to say we live hundreds of miles apart and have to use desktop sharing to...
  5. Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rationalising 2 Microsoft accounts into 1: I am helping a recently widowed friend with her IT amongst other things and have inadvertently ended up with 2 Microsoft accounts when we tried to renew her MS365 subscription - long story but suffice to say we live hundreds of miles apart and have to use desktop sharing to...
  6. 2 pcs 1 microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 pcs 1 microsoft account: I have a laptop with windows 10 and bought another system with windows 11 . Both pcs are registered to the same account. The problem is that the windows 11 system doesnt activate and i cannot receive my mail .Do i need to use a different account for my new system?...
  7. 2 pcs 1 microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 pcs 1 microsoft account: I have a laptop with windows 10 and bought another system with windows 11 . Both pcs are registered to the same account. The problem is that the windows 11 system doesnt activate and i cannot receive my mail .Do i need to use a different account for my new system?...
  8. Running same account on 2 computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running same account on 2 computers: I have a windows laptop which is linked to my microsoft account. The windows activation status says it is activated through my account. I am planning to buy a Surface Pro and give this laptop to my younger brother. Before that I want to remove my account from this laptop so...
  9. Separate 2 computers from 1 Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Separate 2 computers from 1 Microsoft account: We have 2 computers and have set them up under 1 Microsoft account. I would like to separate the 2 computers. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-2-computers-from-1-microsoft-account/81b88d88-4751-4404-b7b6-8e8f299c0bce
  10. Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs: I would just like to know if I can use the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs, since I intend to purchase a more powerful one and I don’t think I can sell my old PC, so that I intend to just leave my account logged on into it and refer to the files and other apps every so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can one use one microsoft account on multiple computers