Windows 10: W10 pro ISO media creator tool

Discus and support W10 pro ISO media creator tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to keep a USB with latest build of W10 pro handy . I only have a much earlier build of w10 pro . I always like to have one in case I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tamo, Feb 20, 2016.

1. tamo Win User

W10 pro ISO media creator tool

I am trying to keep a USB with latest build of W10 pro handy . I only have a much earlier build of w10 pro .
    I always like to have one in case I need to do a clean install on my laptop which was updated from win 7 pro to win 10 pro .
    However when I use the Microsoft site to DL win10 pro I am only able to see win 10 home .

Can anyone tell me if I can select win10 pro ISO to create a USB .

I am familiar with installation methods and media creation tool etc ( I use rufus to create a bootable USB from the ISO )

Thank you kindly for any help .

:)

2. JayWillig Win User

Creators Update using Media Creation Tool?

I used the Media Creation tool for Creators Edition update from a Home Edition Windows 10, and Created a 1703 IOS file. MY Question is:

Can I take that Same 1703 ISO file and Upgrade a Windows 10 Pro Computer to Creators Edition?

JayWillig, Feb 20, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    personal laptop upgrade from windows 10 home to pro

The installation media that is created with the Media Creation Tool contains both the Home and Pro versions, during the installation/repair you will be asked which version you wish to install, you can then select Windows 10 Pro . . .

You should probably download the latest version of Windows 10 installation Media which contains the Creators Edition and create bootable recovery media on an 8GB flash drive

Click HERE to download the Media Creation Tool - Click on Download Tool Now, with that you can
    download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 4GB) using that tool or create the ISO file which you can later burn to DVD

DaveM121, Feb 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, the iso you download is not continually updated. That is, currently as far as I know you can still only download build 10580 from November last. Thus if the iso you have is that build, that's current.

In general Windows updates are now cumulative, so to get from that build to current update is then a minimal number of Windows updates.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    From which:
    "The ISO created by the Media Creation Tool contains both the Home and Pro editions.

Your product key determines if Home or Pro gets installed during Windows Setup.

If you skip entering a product key during Windows Setup, then you will be prompted to select to install the Home or Pro edition."

Note another use for bootable Windows media is the repair procedure
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Feb 20, 2016
  5. tamo Win User
    This is very helpful thanks .

6. cereberus Win User
    The standard is dual home/pro.

No need to create usb using rufus. You can just create usb drive directly using media creation tool.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. W10 pro ISO media creator tool - Similar Threads - W10 pro ISO

2. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  3. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  4. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. media tool iso file

media tool iso file: already down load media creation tool and ISO fil were are they at and how u put them together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-tool-iso-file/96022d74-e1ee-4dca-aed3-c9044e878383
  6. Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB: Dear Sir/Madam, Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB =============================================== Over the pass few month, my computers had been being mess up, files missing, password protected files (7z files 15 chars pwd) being openned, more than ten...
  7. Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB: Dear Sir/Madam, Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB =============================================== Over the pass months, my computers had been being files mess up, files missing, password protected files being opened (7z files 15 chars pwd), more than ten...
  8. When will Windows 10 update the ISO (Media Creator Tool)?

When will Windows 10 update the ISO (Media Creator Tool)?: I just tried to refresh install of Windows 10 as I do every so often but today for the first time the only option was a fresh install, cant keep apps and settings as I usually do. I guess this is because the Windows 10 ISO on the MS site is the old version of Windows, so this...
  9. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  10. Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool?

Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool?: When using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft what is the size of the ISO that is created for X64 Windows Pro? The one I created is smaller than one I created from the install.esd file. The size I see is 3.10 GB (3,333,357,568 bytes). Can that be right? 10330

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mesia creator for w10 pro