Windows 10: W10 recovery options.

Discus and support W10 recovery options. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Got a HP 15-bw024na laptop for my mother, and want to do a recovery installing Windows only without all the third party crap. I'll lose AMD settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim64, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Jim64 Win User

W10 recovery options.

Got a HP 15-bw024na laptop for my mother, and want to do a recovery installing Windows only without all the third party crap. I'll lose AMD settings and AMD software apps in the process. I'm assuming this couldn't possibly wreck the machine?

:)

Jim64, Mar 26, 2018
  2. PMC-RNY Win User

Windows 10 Hard Drive Corruption

My Dell desktop stopped responding. The problem lies in the hard disk image; the rest of the motherboard diagnostics are perfect.

I upgraded this PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, installing each upgrade, most recently Creators Update (CU). Originally the drive seemed broken, but at this point it is offering repair options. I burned a W10 CU DVD to install on multiple machines.
    I also have a W10 recovery USB stick for the previous version, but not CU.

Three questions:

1. I can create a USB Recovery stick on a different PC with W10 CU; are recovery sticks hardware specific?

2. Can I use the DVD as part of the repair process?

3. Can I use the Recovery stick with the previous version of W10 for the repair?

This might be of general interest as often as W10 is being upgraded!

PMC-RNY, Mar 26, 2018
  3. POB18 Win User
    Don't want W10 at this time

Upgraded to W10. Didn't like it. Used option to go back to W7. W7 didn't reinstall everything including recovery dates that were set in W7. Had to install a System Image to get back to my W7 as it was at time of upgrade to W10. But recovery dates again
    were not included. W7 working ok but now when trying to install updates W10 starts to auto install, so I can't just install updates forW7 and I can't get rid of the Pop-ups on the Task Bar telling me to now get W10. I DON"T WANT W10 until it works. I just
    want the security updates for W7. How do I get rid of auto download of W10 & get rid of the W10 Pop-ups?

POB18, Mar 26, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

W10 recovery options.

Hi.
    You might want to backup the drivers on the machine first, then download a W10 ISO from MS for the install.
    Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Download Windows 10 ISO File Windows 10 Tutorials

Skip inputting a key (if it asks for one).
    Check on the HP website for that system, and make sure there are no BIOS updates waiting for it too.
    You may find that some drivers specific to HP will be required in the end. Otherwise you should be good.

simrick, Mar 26, 2018
  5. Jim64 Win User
    Sound advice, sir. I just wonder why a recovery method offered on the HP machine could potentially screw it up. Then again I don't use OEM myself.

Jim64, Mar 26, 2018
  6. simrick Win User
    Of course, you can always use the HP recovery partition to take the system back to day 1. But, you'll get all the bloatware that came with it too. *Wink

simrick, Mar 26, 2018
  7. SonicBlue Win User
    I had no problems doing this on my lil 11inch HP. I deleted all partitions then installed fresh from the win10 iso download from Microsoft.

SonicBlue, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

W10 recovery options.

1. W10 recovery options. - Similar Threads - W10 recovery options

2. System recovery option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System recovery option: Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you...
  3. System recovery option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System recovery option: Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you...
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Options: Hi, I am a Student and tried to update my Microsoft Security Info from my Previous School Email Address to my Mobile Number. However, Microsoft has locked in my Laptop and enabled Bitlocker. I am unable to login in to my Laptop until I enter the Bitlocker Recovery Key or wait...
  5. What recovery option was this???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What recovery option was this???: Hello, not sure if this is directly related to the topic, but my & a friend have been trying to figure out how to fix their PC for hours, and then his roommate comes in & fixes it immediately with some recovery feature which i've never seen before. Is this a windows thing, or...
  6. recovery drive of W10 Home

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovery drive of W10 Home: I have decided, for 'just in case something happens', to make a recovery drive of my Windows 10 Home (version 10.0.19042) on a 32gb usb drive. In doing so, Windows has deleted most of my personal documents on the C: drive (mostly doc/pdf/xls), but not some of the ones on...
  7. Recovery Disk Options

Recovery Disk Options: I am interested in knowing what a recovery disk does. Windows 10 requires a 8GB USB stick to create a recovery disk. Is this disk just for rebooting the system or does it also contain the applications I have installed on my laptop?...
  8. recovery disk options

recovery disk options: Hello, neighbour has given us an HP Notebook to mend, which belongs to his young daughter. I am not a Windows 10 person. The error message - with various bug numbers - is Unable to boot, error code: 0xc0000001, you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation...
  9. Recovery options question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery options question: When I go into recovery options, I don't have the option startup settings under advanced options. Why is mine missing? I just had to format and reinstall 10 cause I couldn't get into safe mode to see if I can fix my problem. I have a hard time getting into safe mode, I h ave...
  10. Recovery options gone ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery options gone ?: What I'm expecting: [img] What I get: [img] Hello! I just discover that my recovery options have disappeared, leaving me with the only option to Turn Off my PC instead of the usual "Reset your PC or see advanced options". I enclove two snapshots: One with the...