Windows 10: Wait and give Edge more time to snyc the favorites?

Discus and support Wait and give Edge more time to snyc the favorites? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; You're most welcome. This may help if you wanted to import favorites to Microsoft Edge. How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alkaufmann, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Wait and give Edge more time to snyc the favorites?

With 14393.3 I finally decided to switch to Edge. I imported from the IE and spent the afternoon using Edge to cleanup all the favorites to the way I like them. So I am happy with Edge on this machine. Now I want to do the same with my laptop but I don't want to import them the favorites from the IE and repeat my work. I cleaned the favorites on the laptop Edge, turned on sync and waited for the magic to happen like it does with the IE. *Biggrin

After a while I noticed a couple of folders in the laptop favorites which came from this computer, but nowhere near all the favorites. Do I just need to wait and give Edge more time to snyc the favorites?

:)

alkaufmann, Jul 24, 2016
  2. mark10nt Win User

how do i snyc my window 7 phone with xbox music on window 8

trying snyc my window 7.5 nokia 800 with my windows 8 pc and cant find the zune player and there seems to be no way to snyc with xbox music

mark10nt, Jul 24, 2016
  3. 7thSense Win User
    App crashes how to give more information to the developers ?

The app developer needs to implement logging themselves. They can also implement a submit function to email the log. Some apps (such as Rowi) already has this.

7thSense, Jul 24, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Wait and give Edge more time to snyc the favorites?

Brink, Jul 24, 2016
  5. Thank you for that information. Patience is not on of my virtues so I did the backup and restore and that worked. Now I hope that sync won't mess things up.

alkaufmann, Jul 24, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. It shouldn't. *Smile

Brink, Jul 24, 2016
  7. Sync did mess things up. *Sad When I started Edge on this machine a lot of the favorites were missing and I had a lot of empty folders. I had copied the Datastore to a USB drive so I copied those files back to the original location. That worked and I have to my favorites back. I guess if sync does strange things again, I will turn sync off.

alkaufmann, Jul 24, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Odd that it would sync in reverse to remove them from the other PC.

Brink, Jul 24, 2016
  9. The laptop favorites are fine but it did the same for this machine, removing a lot of links and folders. I copied back the Datastore folder again from the USB drive and I have turned off sync for Edge. I will be happy if my favorites stay as they are now. If they change again I may go back to the IE.

alkaufmann, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wait and give Edge more time to snyc the favorites? - Similar Threads - Wait Edge more

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. More than one Favorites Bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    More than one Favorites Bar in Edge: Can I have more than one Favorites Bar in Edge? In Chrome there is an extension that allows to witch between 2 bookmark bars. Does Edge have an extension like that? 156986
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  8. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I too would like to access my W10 Edge Favorites list to edit them. But I find it incredible that no-one (including Microsoft) appears to know where they. I did come across one reply in the Windows 10 forum that listed them but not in the folders in the drop-down list in Edge...
  9. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963
  10. Edge Asking to Import Favorites Multiple Times

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Asking to Import Favorites Multiple Times: It seems like something may be going on with my profile. After I take my laptop home for the night and off the domain, the next day after I bring it back in, it wants me to import my favorites again. Its happened multiple times now. Its not creating a temporary profile or...