Windows 10: Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts?

Discus and support Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have several laptops, larger ones for primary-home-use & smaller, lighter ones for traveling. All running 1909 with the latest updates. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Charliedog, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts?

We have several laptops, larger ones for primary-home-use & smaller, lighter ones for traveling. All running 1909 with the latest updates. I have been trying to download an extension from the MS store for Edge, but it looks to me like I have two MS accounts. On the computers where the extension was downloaded my MS account comes up as my email address, but on the one computer where I cannot get into the MS store, my account comes up as my computer model plus my name. Weird-and I have no idea why it is that. It would be nice to correct it, because....

MS is requiring a PIN, but when I indicate I have forgotten it I wind up in an endless loop where I CANNOT get past the requirement for a PIN. I have gone into Accounts, Settings, Sign-in Options, and tried to remove or change the PIN, but it will not let me do anything until I key in my original PIN-which I have already indicated I do not know.

I could set up a fingerprint sign-in, but again, I need the PIN first.

I have two-factor authentication turned on, and MS has sent me the 7-digit code to key in to verify I am who I say I am, but then the next window is the darn PIN again.

I can understand why people try alternative OS's-I think the next laptop I get will be a Chromebook.

:)

Charliedog, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 5, 2020
  3. JackKnapp Win User
    Windows 10 Reinstall using different MS Account

I have reinstalled windows a couple different times (Reset, Recovery, and clean install) but every time I cannot activate - the Activation window is blank.

Could it be I am using a different MS Account for the reinstall? Checking my two MS accounts I see that this serial version of windows is now linked to both accounts (but it is NOT activated). Any suggestion on what to do? Do I need to disconnect the
    serial from the old MS account so it can be activated using the new MS account?

Thanks

JackKnapp, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts?

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts?

1. Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts? - Similar Threads - Weird looks different

2. I have two different accounts and one big mess.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two different accounts and one big mess.: I am trying to leave the insider program. Please help me get back to one account, one profile photo, Windows 11 that was installed on my computer when I bought it. Why do I see different photos for the same email address?Why this update, I am trying to leave insider? The...
  3. I have two different accounts and one big mess.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two different accounts and one big mess.: I am trying to leave the insider program. Please help me get back to one account, one profile photo, Windows 11 that was installed on my computer when I bought it. Why do I see different photos for the same email address?Why this update, I am trying to leave insider? The...
  4. Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address: My husband is getting a new laptop and he does not want it connected to his current laptop and MS Account. Usually the username is your email. And, I know you can't have two MS accounts with the same email address. Can you set up a different account with a different username...
  5. Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address

Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address: My husband is getting a new laptop and he does not want it connected to his current laptop and MS Account. Usually the username is your email. And, I know you can't have two MS accounts with the same email address. Can you set up a different account with a different username...
  6. It looks like I have two accounts, how do I find out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like I have two accounts, how do I find out?: It looks like I have two accounts, how do I find out?One says I'm subscribed to family 365The other says family365 and onedrive basic.Both have same email and details etc, so I'm confused?...
  7. It looks like I have two accounts, how do I find out?

It looks like I have two accounts, how do I find out?: It looks like I have two accounts, how do I find out?One says I'm subscribed to family 365The other says family365 and onedrive basic.Both have same email and details etc, so I'm confused?...
  8. Looks like I have no devices...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Looks like I have no devices...: I'm trying to re-install MS Flight Simulator. When I'm in the store and select "Install to my device", it says I don't have any applicable devices. Isn't my PC a device? It was the last time I installed this software. Where did it go? On my MS account the device shows up....
  9. two MS accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    two MS accounts: I have two MS accounts one I use the other very little my problem is the account I use was setup with an email / user name that I want to stop using. I do have another email setup in that account.I'm just confused as to how to fix this merge the accounts or what?...
  10. Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts?: We have several laptops, larger ones for primary-home-use & smaller, lighter ones for traveling. All running 1909 with the latest updates. I have been trying to download an extension from the MS store for Edge, but it looks to me like I have two MS accounts. On the computers...