Windows 10: Which Account, Local/Administrator or Microsoft? Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Which Account, Local/Administrator or Microsoft? Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi There Just a couple of days ago I found I have lost my MS Ac sign in option and so was constrained to set up a PIN process. This occurred after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ramuettan, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Ramuettan Win User

Which Account, Local/Administrator or Microsoft? Windows 10 Pro

Hi There

Just a couple of days ago I found I have lost my MS Ac sign in option and so was constrained to set up a PIN process. This occurred after I had my PC handled by one of my acquaintances and then when back home I found the Ac picture and my name were not coming up any more. I might have logged in using something else to give him access.

What I have now is a 'Local Administrator Password Protected' Ac. I can't change it as the 'Standard' option is greyed out!

When I get to my Ac profile in the Settings, I also see a message saying 'I can sign in to MS Ac instead of..' I see this on the window, "We'll need your current Windows password one last time".

What I don't know is what my 'Windows password' is. So the MS Ac password I used is rejected. Therefore, my dear system expert friends/brothers/sisters, please kindly help and guide me though to get to rediscovering my MS Ac set up. I read a bit about the Accounts and I got more confused. I don't have anyone from my family or outside using my machine. Thanks.

:)

Ramuettan, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Which Account, Local/Administrator or Microsoft? Windows 10 Pro :(

Zakin, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Which Account, Local/Administrator or Microsoft? Windows 10 Pro

Local account to administrator

Just to be straight with terminology.

You can set up your device with a local account or Microsoft account.

Within each of these options you can then either be an Administrator or a Standard user.

If you go Start, Settings, Account and click on Your Info is it listing you as a local account and just below that are you Standard or Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Which Account, Local/Administrator or Microsoft? Windows 10 Pro

1. Which Account, Local/Administrator or Microsoft? Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Account Local Administrator

2. Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Windows Account along side Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Pro: Hello All: My situation is as follows. Trying to set up a local account for gaming to keep it separate from my Org account my org / my rules - I am not trying to install on my employer's PC or anything. I am the owner - self employed. Anywho, trying to just keep things...
  3. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account is associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. The local account is mine and contains all my applications, settings, preferences and hours of customisation. This association was formed without my consent simply...
  4. windows 10 pro local account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro local account.: Hi, I am new to desktop and I`m learning as i go, My question is where did I go WRONG? My windows administration account is active. When I visit account settings everything looks and seems ok, but almost any discussion it tells me I need administrative permission to make...
  5. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account appears to be associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. This results in : 1 my son's email address appearing under "Your Info" 2 my PC being subject to my son's screen time via "Family" settings. Under...
  6. Remove an account which is Administrator in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove an account which is Administrator in Windows 10: I have accidentally created another user account as administrator as Pic 1 and when I tried to go control panel/user accounts/remove user accounts and selecting the "Administrator account" but I don't see a delete button there as in Pic 2. I'm using Windows 10 and my original...
  7. Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.: Hi all! I have a personal laptop (Thinkpad X1 Carbon) that I used to remote into my work computer while at home. I work from home one day a week, and sometimes on weekends, etc. Ironically I actually work on computers for a living, except that I do data analytics and do not...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Local Account: I have read that you can't make a local account anymore is this true? Will I not be able to make a local account if I purchase Windows 10 Pro in stores that come with the USB Stick? submitted by /u/JMatzelle993 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Local Administrator Account

Windows 10 Local Administrator Account: When I log in with our software administrator account that has Administrator rights and run the following command via a batch file (net user administrator /active:yes defaultpassword it properly activates the account. But as soon as I reboot the computer and log back in with...
  10. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...