Windows 10: Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect?

Discus and support Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Someone tell me which one I should use and why? Advantages & Disadvantages of both 146682 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RainbowPride, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect?

Someone tell me which one I should use and why? Advantages & Disadvantages of both

:)

RainbowPride, Dec 18, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Custom Recovery Partition

Macrium Reflect has an option to install a boot menu item for itself. It sets up dual booting, normal Windows 10 and the Macrium Reflect Free rescue environment. You should be able to boot into Macrium Reflect using the boot menu item, then recover just the OS partition from an image saved on a custom recovery partition. I don't know if it would be possible to automate that process with scripting or command line commands, though.

Adding a boot menu option for Reflect recovery - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

NavyLCDR, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Macrium Reflect - Create a Rescue Partition  

Done.

Did one over a year ago: Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition

Let's make something clear. I never knew what Kyhi's rescue disk is before Martin mentioned it. I have seen the thread, but nothing in original post even remotely hints about it using similar script . Also, nothing in that original post hints about creating a rescue partition on internal HDD. Furthermore, it is not in Tutorials, not a tutorial. It's a sticky thread.

Usually, when making a tutorial, I search the Tutorials section to see that the tut I have on my mind does not exist. If not, I then write one. Last summer, writing the custom recovery partition tut, I could not find anything similar in Tutorials. There was no Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Rescue Partition tutorials, so I wrote them, they both use the same script I have used from first days of Windows 10:

Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect? [​IMG]

Checking the dates when Kyhi's rescue sticky and my Factory Recovery tutorial have been created:

You guys have something to complain, do it properly.

4. NavyLCDR Win User

Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect?

HP Recovery Partition - Software needed?

You need either the Windows 10 install files or the Macrium Reflect Free rescue drive files to provide the boot files to make your recovery partition bootable. Now, you should be able to restart the computer into UEFI firmware:
    UEFI Firmware Settings - Boot to from inside Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The recovery partition should show up in the boot list. You still cannot recover the image created with Macrium Reflect, though, because that requires Macrium Reflect available when booting from the recovery partition. To get that, I would suggest you replace the Windows 10 Install boot.wim file in the \Sources folder with the boot.wim file from Kyhi's Recovery Tools.

NavyLCDR, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect?

1. Which To Use? Custom Recovery Partition or Macrium Reflect? - Similar Threads - Custom Recovery Partition

2. Using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Macrium Reflect: I'm not confident about using this. Googling tells me Launch Macrium Reflect from your Start menu, desktop or taskbar. Click the disk you want to clone. ... Click Clone this disk Click Select a disk to clone to I've done this but it's not obvious where/what you Click or...
  3. macrium reflect shrink partition

macrium reflect shrink partition: I'm using macrium reflect free making images of my ssd and hdd together in one file. My ssd is 256 Gbyte.(one C: partition) If I install a new 250Gbyte ssd wiil the reflect restore process after drag and drop the c: partition from the old ssd to the new ssd in the restore...
  4. Use Macrium Reflect to backup a partition or the drive

Use Macrium Reflect to backup a partition or the drive: My laptop, which is essentially a portable version of my desktop, has one physical drive partitioned into System and Data partitions. The Data partition is sync'd with my laptop so, if it were to be lost, it could be readily, though slowly, recovered. I use Reflect to create...
  5. Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?

Macrium Reflect – how to reverse its partitioning?: I have two identical USB drives: WD-Elements-(A) & WD-Elements-(B) each having a nominal capacity of 2 TB. Some time ago, whilst experimenting with the free Macrium Reflect, I created an image of my PC onto WD-Elements-(B) leaving me with just 359 GB of accessible data space...
  6. Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.

Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665) not resizing partitions.: I'm trying to clone my 250 GB Windows hard drive to a 1TB hard drive, using Macrium Reflect Free Edition (v6.3.1665). However, it is not allowing me to resize the Windows partition to fit the larger drive. It clearly shows 698.63 GB of unallocated space, but "Cloned Partition...
  7. Macrium Reflect v7.1 Use of RoboCopy

Macrium Reflect v7.1 Use of RoboCopy: [img] [img] More info at The source Backup Folder Synchronization - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase This only applies to The Paid Version 94516
  8. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  9. Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...

Macrium Reflect...Disk Partitions query...: I finally persuaded my friend to start performing Backups (using Macrium Reflect Free). However, I'm confused about the large number of partitions showing on his system- see the attached screenshot. The backup runs successfully, but I wondered if anyone could explain...
  10. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create recovery partition in windows or macrium reflect