Windows 10: White paper icons and empty folders!?

Discus and support White paper icons and empty folders!? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have windows 10 home operating system on my laptop I have a problem with my file folder. when I first open it it shows that it works fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by camimaine123, Feb 29, 2016.

1. White paper icons and empty folders!?

Hello,
    I have windows 10 home operating system on my laptop
    I have a problem with my file folder. when I first open it it shows that it works fine.

White paper icons and empty folders!? [​IMG]

However I've notice that on the left I see the OS and D drive as white icons. When i access any folders and then go back to the home file page it looks like this:

and when i access other files they show empty folders (this is the program files folders)

but i know this folders have files in them. Also when I access them i see white icons like this:

I can open them and they work fine but my file folder is acting weird and it's really annoying me.
    please help me *Sad

:)

camimaine123, Feb 29, 2016

2. files

how do I change my notepad file to a default flies like the icon is a white blank paper

matthewjabbar, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    White papers

...Read them? I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here. A whitepaper's goal is to help a reader understand something. What exactly are you looking for?

Entegy, Feb 29, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

White paper icons and empty folders!?

Brink, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Ummm, I did follow the instructions on the links you've sent but know I see my file folders gotten worse;

All the folders now show there empty and all the icons are just white pages. They still can open fine but, this is really looking ugly now.

I have know idea what to do
    someone please help me *cry

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you have a restore point available dated before this happened, then you could do a system restore to hopefully fix this.

System Restore Windows 10

If not, then run a SFC /SCANNOW command to see if it may help if there's a corrupted system file at fault.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

If that doesn't help, then download and merge the .reg files for the listed Directory, Drive, and Folder items in the table of OPTION TWO below to restore their default associations and registry entries in case one of these had been modified.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 29, 2016

7. I really appreciate the help you gave me, but I have done all 3 of the links you've sent but I don't see any changes. I think it just gets worse. This is what my home page looks like right now after doing all three of them:

I don't know why it's doing this. When I did system restore and selected a date before this started to happen, It said that it could not fully restore because the driver was corrupt somewhere. I don't know what to do *Sad

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

What happens when you refresh (F5) the desktop? Do the icons appear normally afterwards?

Brink, Feb 29, 2016
  9. Actually over couple of minutes it restores back, but for the file explorer it's still the same issue. I've already lost ability to access properties. I've tried you're suggestions and none of them work. I don't know whats wrong with my computer, This has been going on for 4 days.

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 29, 2016
  11. camimaine123, Mar 1, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you try an ISO file that is the same build, language, and 32/64-bit as your currently installed Windows to do the repair install with?

Brink, Mar 1, 2016
  13. White paper icons and empty folders!?

I Got it to work! Thank you *Smile

camimaine123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. White paper icons and empty folders!? - Similar Threads - White paper icons

2. folder icons : empty folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder icons : empty folder: I am in process of downloading thousands of photo files into hundreds of subfolders... I am finding that LOTS of these subfolders do not contain ANY photo files aka: empty...QUESTION: Is there a way/method of using the subfolders ICONS to determine if there are any files in...
  3. Folder Icon color, Desktop Icons have paper overlay

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Icon color, Desktop Icons have paper overlay: I Have been having two problems and they appear to be related. 1. My Desktop Icons have what looks like a piece of paper on them. Not all but most. Seems like Shortcuts for .exe files don't have the paper. 2. My Folders in File Manager have lost the yellow color that they...
  4. Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to...

Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to...: Hello, Forgive me for being a newbie here... Not sure this is the right forum / category... I may or may not have deleted some folder and now all my Desktop icons have some sort of a blank paper on top of them pls see attached. Start menu shortcuts are OK. HELP pls...
  5. White piece of paper on icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White piece of paper on icons: Well, this is new. Anyone know how to fix this that I'm sure was caused by me. LOL! [img] - - - Updated - - - Nevermind. Fixed it!! 157879
  6. White icon folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White icon folders: To solve this: Go to this PC and locate local disc (C) , Right click on it, > Locate properties > Mark all items in Disk clean and then clean. After it will go back to normal.. Thanks 139700
  7. Desktop folder stuck with an "empty folder" icon

Desktop folder stuck with an "empty folder" icon: This is what I see from my user folder: the desktop is now an "empty folder" icon and I am not able to change it back to the original icon. [ATTACH] I even tried every method on this well made guide but nothing worked....
  8. icons changing to white and empty

in Windows 10 Support
    icons changing to white and empty: I made some shortcuts of my Microsoftgames/store/photos etc. to the desktop , they are ok and stay ok . But when placing these icons ( they are all blue) to an other folder ,they chance to empty white icon ! What can we do to restore these icons , and keep them as they...
  9. Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon: Hi, After the recent update 1709 -- (The fall update I think) I've encounter issues with thumbnail previewer. I does not show thumbnail images but default icon instead [img] it wasn't my first time I've encountered this, It happened same thing on every updates. So knew...
  10. White paper icons in start menu apps

in Windows 10 Support
    White paper icons in start menu apps: In my windows 10 start menu all my installed programs give a white paper (with curled right corner) icon. There are a few that give the original icon but most of them do not. I tried a new clean install but that didn't help. I also tried: -SFC scannow gedaan met deze...