Windows 10: Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10

Discus and support Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello, my name is Ritesh Sinha and I am a Support Escalation Engineer on the Windows team. Today’s blog will cover “Why Bitlocker takes longer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10

Source: Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10 as compared to Windows 7 | Ask the Core Team

Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Tip

:)

Brink, Jan 3, 2017

2. Bitlocker encrypted disks loading without password in Windows 10

Hi,

I have several external USB backup disks all encrypted with Windows 7 Bitlocker but every disk loads up under Windows 10 without entering any password and all show as having no Bitlocker status. I tried encrypting one or two again with Bitlocker under Windows
    10 but they still load up in Windows 10 without asking for any password at all and show as unencrypted. I am also really frustrated that it takes over 24 hours to encrypt a newly formatted 2TB disk! How can it be so inefficient to encrypt an empty disk? Much
    more serious is why is Windows 10 allowing a Bitlocker encrypted disk to be loaded via USB as an unencrypted disk without asking for the password?

James.

James Ramsden, Jan 3, 2017
  3. Jessen P Win User
    BitLocker wont encrypt my D drive

Hi,

If you are running Windows 10 Home edition, you won’t have the option to use BitLocker.

BitLocker Drive Encryption is built into the Windows 10 operating system and uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) with configurable key lengths of either 128-bit (default) or 256-bit (configurable using Group Policy). The idea behind the BitLocker Drive
    Encryption is that once you secure your drive, only you, or someone who has your password and recovery key, will be able to get to your data. Although this kind of protection provides enhanced security on mobile devices, such as laptops, there is no reason
    why you shouldn’t take advantage of BitLocker encryption on your desktop computers.

Securing Windows 10 with BitLocker Drive Encryption

Securing Windows 10 with BitLocker Drive Encryption

Please revert if you face any issues with encryption.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jan 3, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Something that's always puzzled me......how can AV suites check Bitlocker encrypted drives?

dencal, Jan 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why Bitlocker takes

2. BitLocker Encryption - Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Encryption - Windows 10 Enterprise: We use BitLocker Encryption within are organization which works fine. In the past when performing BIOS updates a script it used to to suspend BitLocker and re-enable after applying the BIOS update. For some reason when running the script, I now receive the following error....
  3. BitLocker Encryption - Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker Encryption - Windows 10 Enterprise: We use BitLocker Encryption within are organization which works fine. In the past when performing BIOS updates a script it used to to suspend BitLocker and re-enable after applying the BIOS update. For some reason when running the script, I now receive the following error....
  4. Bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption: Hello, ive been locked out of my windows account, since i need my old security old email. Which i no longer have acces to, ive contacted microsoft, and they gave me 2 options. Wait 30 days to update security mail and i dont know if they even will do it or clean install which...
  5. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete: Hi,Recently my C Drive partition got space full so i tried to to add some space to it through other patriations but it was bitlocked. I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking forever to complete.Of note, the overall size of my HDD is about 1 TB. and as for C drive its...
  6. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete: Hi,Recently my C Drive partition got space full so i tried to to add some space to it through other patriations but it was bitlocked. I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking forever to complete.Of note, the overall size of my HDD is about 1 TB. and as for C drive its...
  7. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD: Many consumer SSDs claim to support encryption and BitLocker believed them. But, as we learned last year, those drives often weren’t securely encrypting files. Microsoft just changed Windows 10 to stop trusting those sketchy SSDs and default to software encryption. In...
  9. BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Decryption Taking forever to complete.: Hi, I recently deleted my Ubuntu partition and added it to my Windows C drive (which is BitLocked). I'm now trying to decrypt the and it is taking forever to complete. Of note, the drive is about 400GB. I've waited for about 12 hours and it is still decrypting. May I...
  10. Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD: How to: Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD Many consumer SSDs claim to support encryption and BitLocker believed them. But, as we learned last year, those drives often weren’t securely encrypting files. Microsoft just changed Windows 10 to stop...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is bitlocker taking so long