Windows 10: why cant I switch accounts it doesnt let me go to accounts

Discus and support why cant I switch accounts it doesnt let me go to accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I try to click the account it doesnt take me to accounts it loads and closes itself[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew071407, May 5, 2019.

1. why cant I switch accounts it doesnt let me go to accounts

when I try to click the account it doesnt take me to accounts it loads and closes itselfwhy cant I switch accounts it doesnt let me go to accounts [​IMG]

:)

Andrew071407, May 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 5, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, May 5, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

why cant I switch accounts it doesnt let me go to accounts

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown why cant I switch accounts it doesnt let me go to accounts :(

Zakin, May 5, 2019
Thema:

why cant I switch accounts it doesnt let me go to accounts

1. why cant I switch accounts it doesnt let me go to accounts - Similar Threads - why cant switch

2. Why won't my account let me switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my account let me switch?: When I try to change my account settings to log into my main account by pressing the sign in with a microsoft account instead button, the window only flashes for a split second before closing, right now i'm stuck in a temporary account and it's super annoying, please help....
  3. Why won't my account let me switch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my account let me switch?: When I try to change my account settings to log into my main account by pressing the sign in with a microsoft account instead button, the window only flashes for a split second before closing, right now i'm stuck in a temporary account and it's super annoying, please help....
  4. Why it doesn't let me to add account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why it doesn't let me to add account?: When I click on "add account" a small box appears called "Microsoft account" but after a few second it will be gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-it-doesnt-let-me-to-add-account/1ab3d63a-7f6b-4f27-801c-48489409497d
  5. Why it doesn't let me to add account?

Why it doesn't let me to add account?: When I click on "add account" a small box appears called "Microsoft account" but after a few second it will be gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-it-doesnt-let-me-to-add-account/1ab3d63a-7f6b-4f27-801c-48489409497d
  6. Cant switch accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant switch accounts: Hi whenever I use my computer it is windows 10, I am in the insider but whenever I want to use a different account I click on it to login and it loads but then when it is finished loading the sign in button appears again, and when I click it, it does nothing, these accounts...
  7. Cant switch accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch accounts: Hi whenever I use my computer it is windows 10, I am in the insider but whenever I want to use a different account I click on it to login and it loads but then when it is finished loading the sign in button appears again, and when I click it, it does nothing, these accounts...
  8. Cant switch accounts

9. cant switch accounts in minecraft

cant switch accounts in minecraft: so, the thing is i cant switch accounts in my minecraft and when i go to manage account in minecraft ,it opens xbox console and when i sign out it doesnt sign out in minecraft it stays as the same account i could sign out of my account 2 days ago but now i cant pls help...
  10. Cant Switch to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant Switch to local account: Hello so when i first got windows 10 i had a local account and used it as normal then for some reason i added my microsoft account and now everytime i log in i need to use the microsoft account, just now i tried to switch it to the local account and i got this error any...