Windows 10: Why I can't sign-in with a local account, into my Windows 10, when off

Discus and support Why I can't sign-in with a local account, into my Windows 10, when off in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I think its the very reason I choose to sign in with a local account instead - that I will not face any problem offline.Guess what? It says to sign in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by manubhatt3, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Why I can't sign-in with a local account, into my Windows 10, when off

I think its the very reason I choose to sign in with a local account instead - that I will not face any problem offline.Guess what? It says to sign in with my last password used on my PC, because I am offline. The last password is ofcourse of my local account, as thats what I use, but when I enter my local account password, it doesn't accept it! I have to enter the Microsoft password!Why I can't login into my own machine with my local account and password, when offline?

:)

manubhatt3, Jan 2, 2017

2. Why I can't sign-in with a local account, into my Windows 10, when offline?

Let's check on that. Will message you after investigation.

Susan Slow, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Why I can't sign-in with a local account, into my Windows 10, when offline?

I think its the very reason I choose to sign in with a local account instead - that I will not face any problem offline.

Guess what? It says to sign in with my last password used on my PC, because I am offline. The last password is ofcourse of my local account, as thats what I use, but when I enter my local account password, it doesn't accept it! I have to enter the Microsoft
    password!

Why I can't login into my own machine with my local account and password, when offline?

abhaybhatt, Jan 2, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Why I can't sign-in with a local account, into my Windows 10, when off

Both local and Microsoft accounts allow user to sign in also when PC is offline. If you as you say "have to enter the Microsoft password", then the account is not a local account, it's a Microsoft account or alternatively it's a local account using the same password as your Microsoft account.

Kari, Jan 2, 2017
  5. I have a setting to let me sign-in with my local account. So, why I am not able to sign-in with my local account, when offline?

Thanks

manubhatt3, Jan 2, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    User accounts are set for only one or the other type of login. It is always a local account whether online or offline, or it is always a Microsoft account login either online or offline. It cannot be a Microsoft account when online and a local account when offline. But it is possible to log in when both online or offline with either a Microsoft account or a local account (you just have to be online the first time you log in using a Microsoft account).

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why I can't sign-in with a local account, into my Windows 10, when off

1. Why I can't sign-in with a local account, into my Windows 10, when off - Similar Threads - Why can't sign

2. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  3. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  4. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't sign into my local windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into my local windows account.: I use 3 sign in methods, fingerprint, pin, and password, however fingerprint is the only working one. The password always shows as wrong, and when I go to type the pin, the cursor freezes and won't allow me to type. The local admin account which only uses a password still...
  6. Can't sign into my local windows account.

Can't sign into my local windows account.: I use 3 sign in methods, fingerprint, pin, and password, however fingerprint is the only working one. The password always shows as wrong, and when I go to type the pin, the cursor freezes and won't allow me to type. The local admin account which only uses a password still...
  7. I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account.: Please help me. I can't sign in to my laptop's local account with my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-my-laptops-local-account-with-my/0250abab-b55a-412e-91bb-f83afc4d71c8
  8. Can't no more sign in windows 10 local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't no more sign in windows 10 local accounts: Hello AllI am completely at the end of my options and need help:I have a recent laptop with Windows 10 License came with the laptop.I was creating - local account with admin rights- local account with user rights- a new microsoft account in order to register that all for this...
  9. Can't no more sign in windows 10 local accounts

Can't no more sign in windows 10 local accounts: Hello AllI am completely at the end of my options and need help:I have a recent laptop with Windows 10 License came with the laptop.I was creating - local account with admin rights- local account with user rights- a new microsoft account in order to register that all for this...
  10. Can't sign in with Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in with Local Account: I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked. When I try to switch to a local account, I enter my password and set up my a new password, click next and it gives me the...