Windows 10: Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow?

Discus and support Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have multiple computers including one computer that has I7-6700k over clocked 5.0Ghz, with 32GB RAM, M.2 SSD I have used both Xbox One and Xbox One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PSYCOOO, Dec 25, 2018.

1. PSYCOOO Win User

Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow?

I have multiple computers including one computer that has
    I7-6700k over clocked 5.0Ghz, with 32GB RAM, M.2 SSD

I have used both Xbox One and Xbox One S

I have a stock HP laptop,

I have used the app on multiple Samsung phones, from S5, S6 edge+, J7 Star, S8, S9
    I have been on numerous networks, Verizon, T-Mobile, Straight Talk (which is Verizon), Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, AT&T, Spectrum/Time Warner, Charter, Centurylink

I have gone through all the trouble shooting suggestions,

• On your PC, go to Xbox.comand selectSign in. If there are problems with your account, the instructions will help you solve them. If you can’t go beyond the sign-in screen, selectForgot my passwordand follow the instructions.

• If that didn’t work, select theStart button >Settings >Time & language . UnderDate & time make sure the Set time automaticallysetting is turned on.
    • If none of those options work, select the Start button > Settings > Accounts , then find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove. Then go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed.

• Update Microsoft Store: Select the Start button >Microsoft Store . SelectSee more > Downloads and updates >Get updates. If an update for Microsoft Store is available, it will start installing automatically.
    • Repair and reset the app: Select theStart button >Settings >Apps >Apps & features. Select the app that's not working, and then select Advanced options . On the page that opens with information about the app, selectRepair. (Note: Some apps don't have this option.) If repairing the app doesn't fix the problem, select Reset.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the app: Select theStart button. In the list of apps, right-click the one that's not working, selectUninstall, and select Uninstall again to confirm. To reinstall the app, select theStart button >Microsoft Store >See more >My Library >Apps . Then select the app you want to reinstall, and selectInstall.
    • Try running the troubleshooter for Microsoft Store apps. Select theStart button >Settings > Update & Security>Troubleshoot>Windows Store Apps.
    • If you can't find Microsoft Store, see Trouble finding Microsoft Store in Windows 10. If you're having trouble launching Microsoft Store, see Microsoft Store doesn't launch. If you can launch the Microsoft Store but you are just having trouble finding or installing an app, see I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store.

I have even done the clean boot as directed here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It does not matter what combination I use of Internet Providers and Hardware I use, the loading/log-in is always the same.

With everything I have done, living in 4 different states and swapping hardware, using different networks, from what I can tell the reason the Xbox log in from any device is slow is the same reason the downloads are slow. The issue is not on our end, it is your network.
    I don't understand why your company has slow data transfer rates, but it extends beyond Xbox log in, this is also your Xbox download speeds, your Microsoft drive, even your Microsoft windows 10 update speeds are all throttled.
    A simple google search will show that I am not alone on this, this is world wide as long as it is a Mircosoft network for data transfer, it is slow.

So, my question is. When will you stop throttling your data transfer rate?

:)

PSYCOOO, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow? [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow?

XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow?

1. Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow? - Similar Threads - Why xbox Xbox

2. Why is the xbox app not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the xbox app not installing: I have pc gamepass and it's pretty cool but the xbox app didn't work so I tried to reinstall it but it doesn't work it downloads for about 2 seconds and then says that it was unable to install and I have tried everything to fix this like putting a command in windows...
  3. Why is the xbox app not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the xbox app not installing: I have pc gamepass and it's pretty cool but the xbox app didn't work so I tried to reinstall it but it doesn't work it downloads for about 2 seconds and then says that it was unable to install and I have tried everything to fix this like putting a command in windows...
  4. why is the xbox app and microsoft store so bad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is the xbox app and microsoft store so bad: I've been having this issue for so long now; I have lost track of time. I keep trying to install Forza Horizon 5 via the Xbox PC app and every time it gives me an error code showing I don't have enough space to download it even though I have over twice the needed space...
  5. Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?: I am in Windows 11 latest version but most of the UWP apps are so slow. Not every one of them, apps like UWP Notepad and the new Paint loads fast. But most of them like clock, photos, to do, mail, calendar etc. are very slow they are working fine but takes much time to load....
  6. Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?

Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?: I am in Windows 11 latest version but most of the UWP apps are so slow. Not every one of them, apps like UWP Notepad and the new Paint loads fast. But most of them like clock, photos, to do, mail, calendar etc. are very slow they are working fine but takes much time to load....
  7. Xbox App slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App slow download speed: Hello, my download speed is 100/MBPS but in the Xbox app I always get around 2.5 to 4 MBPS. Tried the fixes on the internet and forums but it didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-slow-download-speed/a8f12b9c-8209-41b9-ab24-a68e9e160baf
  8. Xbox App slow download speed

Xbox App slow download speed: Hello, my download speed is 100/MBPS but in the Xbox app I always get around 2.5 to 4 MBPS. Tried the fixes on the internet and forums but it didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-slow-download-speed/a8f12b9c-8209-41b9-ab24-a68e9e160baf
  9. Xbox App Slows Down Entire PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Slows Down Entire PC: So I've been using Game Pass on Windows 10, and I've had to use the Xbox app. Whenever I am downloading something from the Xbox app, everything on my computer slows to a crawl. Web browser, other game launchers, even the Xbox app itself is affected. Is there a solution to...
  10. Why does the xbox game app suck so damn hard and why are there so many different xbox apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the xbox game app suck so damn hard and why are there so many different xbox apps?: All the apps seem to work weird or separately at times and my friends can't hear me ALSO I can't fix the audio timeout settings on the mic so when we talk it will cut in mid speech or cut out immediately after talking and it's horrendous like get your god damn act together...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox pc app downloads slow

2. xbox app slow windows 10

3. slow xbox app download on pc

4. why is the xbox app so slow on pc,
  5. why does xbox pc app download so slow,
  6. why is xbox beta app so slow,
  7. xbox app on pc download so slow,
  8. xbox pc downloading slow,
  9. xbox pc app downloading slow,
  10. why is xbox beta app so slow pc,
  11. xbox app downloading slowly\,