Windows 10: Why Task View shell is still dark while using the light theme?

Discus and support Why Task View shell is still dark while using the light theme? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Context menus and the upper part for moving between virtual desktops is still dark as well. Task View shell is dark while using light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mohammed0106, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Why Task View shell is still dark while using the light theme?

/u/mohammed0106, Nov 3, 2019
  2. A3KP Win User

Light and dark themes

Is there a possebility to implement in the future Windows builds the light/dark theme in the personal maps?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

A3KP, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Add Windows Mode Context Menu for Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10  

How to Add Windows Mode to Context Menu to Toggle Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

Starting with theme will also change your PC to be light themed.

This tutorial will show you how to add a Windows mode context menu to make it easy to choose the default Windows mode to a light or dark theme as wanted for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: "Windows mode" desktop context menu and Start menu and taskbar with light and dark theme

Why Task View shell is still dark while using the light theme? [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Windows mode" to Desktop Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Windows_Mode_to_desktop_context_menu.reg

3. To Remove "Windows mode" from Desktop Context Menu
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Windows_Mode_from_desktop_context_menu.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Why Task View shell is still dark while using the light theme?

Build 10162 and Dark Theme

Hmmm..., strange. I don't know what to suggest.
    Maybe a reboot?

Edwin, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Why Task View shell is still dark while using the light theme?

1. Why Task View shell is still dark while using the light theme? - Similar Threads - Why Task View

2. Dark theme for task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark theme for task manager: Is it possible to get dark mode for task manager in windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-for-task-manager/f30093d7-fefe-46f0-af07-c7629df5a508
  3. How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?

How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?: Since Microsoft Doesn't provide us with auto dark and light theme. I'd show you how to schedule dark & light mode. It has to be done via Task Scheduler only. Open Start menu, then goto All Apps > Windows Administrative Tool > Computer Management Go to task scheduler...
  4. Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme: Hi, After upgrading to 20H2 19042.572 - one section of my start menu shows both dark and light tiles. If I switch to a light theme, all looks right, switch back to the dark theme, looks a mess. Does anyone else have this issue? Dark Theme [ATTACH] Light Theme [ATTACH]...
  5. Dark theme off but still few windows showing dark theme

Dark theme off but still few windows showing dark theme: Dear team, I have dark theme off on my win 10 machine, but still few windows/application pages ahwoing black. I tried everything I could but its not fping away. This happened, if I am right after I installed vs2019 community version. Are there any tips to resolve this...
  6. Is there a way to have the search bar in the desktop in dark mode while using light theme...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have the search bar in the desktop in dark mode while using light theme...: So I would like to have File Explorer, Chrome, Apps so on with the light theme applied, problem is when you do this it also makes the search bar appear white in the desktop which I'm not really a big fan of. Is there a registry tweak that I can do to keep the search bar...
  7. Task Manager Dark theme?

Task Manager Dark theme?: Is there a way to make the Task Manager Dark, like the other Dark options / explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-dark-theme/fbc409ae-ff67-4dfc-91b3-9056d880cf71
  8. Hey so i dont have light theme or dark theme. Why?

Hey so i dont have light theme or dark theme. Why?: So i have seen alot of youtubers use Light theme and Dark theme but I cant use it myself for some reason submitted by /u/FoxGamzah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heexme/hey_so_i_dont_have_light_theme_or_dark_theme_why/
  9. Dark Theme still slightly grey?

Dark Theme still slightly grey?: Any one has any ideas on how I can apply a theme that has a black taskbar instead of the dark grey one that comes with Windows 10 dark theme? Sort of like the 'terminal' theme in gmail? Thanks! submitted by /u/mudrawker [link] [comments]...
  10. Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme

Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme: Hi, i just recently update my windows to windows 10 version 1809. Previously i use dark theme for the metro apps and really like it. then after the update i surprised that now the explorer and bars on the windows also have dark theme. it quite nice but i don't like it too...