Windows 10: win 10 keep trying to update and fails

Discus and support win 10 keep trying to update and fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did the free update from win 7 to win 10. Everything works fine except about every 2 or 3 months win says I am m out of time and must update. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by john_bolo, Jan 9, 2020.

1. john_bolo Win User

win 10 keep trying to update and fails

I did the free update from win 7 to win 10. Everything works fine except about every 2 or 3 months win says I am m out of time and must update.

I select now and it reboots a couple times and then stop at 100%. I have to reboot three times and it recycles back the 'old' version.

:)

john_bolo, Jan 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Jan 9, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. win 10 keep trying to update and fails - Similar Threads - keep trying update

2. upgrade win 7pro to win 10 keeps failing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade win 7pro to win 10 keeps failing.: I am attempting to upgrade a Toshiba C650 model PSC09C-15s01Q fro win7 pro to window 10. It goes through the whole download and install including applying updates. But it keeps failing and undoing all the changes it made.Error it is reporting is 0x8007001F 0x20006 The...
  3. upgrade win 7pro to win 10 keeps failing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade win 7pro to win 10 keeps failing.: I am attempting to upgrade a Toshiba C650 model PSC09C-15s01Q fro win7 pro to window 10. It goes through the whole download and install including applying updates. But it keeps failing and undoing all the changes it made.Error it is reporting is 0x8007001F 0x20006 The...
  4. Trying and failing to install Win 10

Trying and failing to install Win 10: Trying and failing to install Win 10 on win 7 installaTION started and faced with boot failure everytime https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-and-failing-to-install-win-10/c61bd241-7200-462a-8f2f-d401b90f4e3a
  5. Update 1909 for Win 10 keeps failing

Update 1909 for Win 10 keeps failing: Hi, Update 1909 for Win 10 keeps failing and says I need to "manually delete _PO_Vmware Workstation Pro No-Op" but I or "search" cannot find it. Please help! Thanks, Tony...
  6. Win update keeps failing.

Win update keeps failing.: I have Winver 1803 I try update for months already every once in a while, when windows ask me to do it. At the first few times I didn't pay much of a attention, than lately I realized its always stops at 60% Since I realized the 60%, I always look. It's always on 60% The...
  7. Win 7 trying to update to Win 10 failed using the MediaCreationTool1909

Win 7 trying to update to Win 10 failed using the MediaCreationTool1909: Windows edition: Win 7 Pro, Service pack 1 Tried updating to win 10 using media creation tool but failed with this error: We couldn't install Windows 10 0x8007001F 0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation Please...
  8. Windows 10 keeps trying to update and fails.

Windows 10 keeps trying to update and fails.: Windows 10 keeps trying to update and fails. This wastes huge chunks of my time can I stop it trying. When I first upgraded from Window 7 it took ages and then every update must take about a dozen times keep going back and trying again. This is wasting hours when I can't use...
  9. Win 10 updates keep failing KB3163207 and KB3152599

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 updates keep failing KB3163207 and KB3152599: Hello and thank you for your service. My system is Win 10 64-bit. During the update, I got the following errors: • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163207) - Error 0x8024001e • Update for Windows 10 Version...
  10. win 10 updates keep failing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 updates keep failing: Hi, I just checked my update history (win 10 1703 64 bit) and I noticed that all update attempts during several months have failed. When I start updates manually the download always stops at 2%. I ran the troubleshooter, which detected a problem and fixed it and...