Windows 10: Win 10 password....Win 10 pin

Discus and support Win 10 password....Win 10 pin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have been logging on for some months using my Win 10 pin to logon to my laptop. However a short time ago, on bootup, I was asked my password, and,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by doug4901, Dec 31, 2016.

1. doug4901 Win User

Win 10 password....Win 10 pin

I have been logging on for some months using my Win 10 pin to logon to my laptop. However a short time ago, on bootup, I was asked my password, and, guess what, I can't remember. I know my user/pin, and my logon has Administrator rights.

My laptop was bought from Dell with Win 10 Pro pre-installed.

After I was asked for my password, I rebooted and was then asked for my pin instead of my password, so I am back online (to you).

Do I have a long term issue? Do I need to find my lost password?

Regards
    Doug

:)

doug4901, Dec 31, 2016
  2. win 10 Win User

Settings Icon Appeared Then Disappeared on Desktop By Itself

Totally irrelevant! Do you even read the context of the post???

win 10, Dec 31, 2016
  3. win 10 Win User
    Settings Icon Appeared Then Disappeared on Desktop By Itself

Windows 10 Pro / A settings icon appeared on my desktop all by itself last night. When I clicked on it, it was a list like in previous versions of Windows. It even let me choose sized in upper right corner. This morning 8-16-2015 the settings icon on desktop
    is gone all by itself.

win 10, Dec 31, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 31, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Once you've signed in as @Brink has suggested, I would then change the password to something you can remember. Don't just rely on the pin alone.

swarfega, Dec 31, 2016
  6. doug4901 Win User
    Many thanks to Brinka and Swarfega,
    Sorry for a late reply. I am old and ailing *Sad
    Your help has been valuable.
    Here is what I have learned:
    Microsoft seems to have hijacked my login. The password that had always (I know now) was my Microsoft password. How did MS wriggle its way into my logon? Next: At login, Win10 often reset itself to a different keyboard layout. How? I have no idea. I am normally US International Keyboard and it was somehow resetting to English UK keyboard.

I am happy now, with your help, to call this fixed.
    Regards

doug4901, Jan 4, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted Doug.

You may have accidentally switched to a Microsoft account while signing in to the Store.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 password....Win 10 pin - Similar Threads - password pin

2. i have a pc at home, i use for personal and business. with a password and pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a pc at home, i use for personal and business. with a password and pin.: i have a pc at home, i use for personal and business. with a password and pin. however windows hello doesnt allow me to login to change the pin number despite administrator access. it asks me for a work/student email, which i dont have for this pc. and i go round in circles...
  3. i have a pc at home, i use for personal and business. with a password and pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a pc at home, i use for personal and business. with a password and pin.: i have a pc at home, i use for personal and business. with a password and pin. however windows hello doesnt allow me to login to change the pin number despite administrator access. it asks me for a work/student email, which i dont have for this pc. and i go round in circles...
  4. i have a pc at home, i use for personal and business. with a password and pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. My laptop is not accepting my pin after restarting it. It keeps saying wrong password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not accepting my pin after restarting it. It keeps saying wrong password...: My laptop is not accepting my pin after restarting it. It keeps saying wrong password meanwhile I never change the pin it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-accepting-my-pin-after-restarting/e8f72a6f-3edd-4d0f-992a-1d57471d6af2
  6. My laptop is not accepting my pin after restarting it. It keeps saying wrong password...

My laptop is not accepting my pin after restarting it. It keeps saying wrong password...: My laptop is not accepting my pin after restarting it. It keeps saying wrong password meanwhile I never change the pin it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-accepting-my-pin-after-restarting/e8f72a6f-3edd-4d0f-992a-1d57471d6af2
  7. Can't login using my fingerprint, PIN and can't Remember my Password. PLEASE HELP ME!

Can't login using my fingerprint, PIN and can't Remember my Password. PLEASE HELP ME!: so where the issue lies I was trying to reset my password to be able to change my pin after as what the message boxes instructed note: I only did this because there was no option to change the pin in the beginning just the option forgot pin and forgot the other one upon...
  8. Can't login using my fingerprint, PIN and can't Remember my Password. PLEASE HELP ME!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login using my fingerprint, PIN and can't Remember my Password. PLEASE HELP ME!: so where the issue lies I was trying to reset my password to be able to change my pin after as what the message boxes instructed note: I only did this because there was no option to change the pin in the beginning just the option forgot pin and forgot the other one upon...
  9. PIN not available, can't remember Microsoft password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not available, can't remember Microsoft password: So I want to report a problem I have which I was surprised to see it's kind of usual. I turned on my laptop and suddenly I get a message that something happened and my pin is not available. I can't do anything on the main screen besides pressing the new pin option which...
  10. PIN not available, can't remember Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN not available, can't remember Microsoft password: So I want to report a problem I have which I was surprised to see it's kind of usual. I turned on my laptop and suddenly I get a message that something happened and my pin is not available. I can't do anything on the main screen besides pressing the new pin option which...