Windows 10: Win 10 Randomly Freezes after a few minutes Why?

Discus and support Win 10 Randomly Freezes after a few minutes Why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys Win 10 Randomly Freezes after a few minutes; it may run for a week with no issue. But then it will happen over a few days then back to normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thorrrr, May 20, 2016.

1. thorrrr Win User

Win 10 Randomly Freezes after a few minutes Why?

Hi Guys
    Win 10 Randomly Freezes after a few minutes; it may run for a week with no issue. But then it will happen over a few days then back to normal. I have had it for several months and i have tried to rule out some hardware items. I have replaced it with new memory but it has not worked.I have a slight suspicion it is graphic card related but not sure. Need some help from the gurus on here and is it possible to narrow it down.
    I note it seems worse when it is brought back from sleep status. But it also does it from a cold start as well.

Anything you need ask me; I really want to get rid of this issue

:)

thorrrr, May 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 freezes after a few minutes, stays frozen for three minutes, then resumes

I tried Methods 1 and 2 and they didn't work. I don't have another user to add, so I can't try Method 3. Any other ideas? It's still freezing.

Owen

OwenHowlett, May 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 freezes after a few minutes, stays frozen for three minutes, then resumes

I just upgraded to Windows 10, on a Dell Alienware X51 that's about three months old. Everything seems to work well, but a few minutes after bootup the PC freezes for three minutes, then unfreezes and works fine again. It doesn't matter what app(s) I'm
    running, it always does exactly the same thing. This didn't happen with Windows 8.1, and started the first time I booted up with Windows 10.

OwenHowlett, May 20, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

If you think it might be graphics card related you should run a stress test to see if you can trigger it. Often these freezes can happen if the power supply is failing or if dust has built up in the fans and heatsinks causing the systems to overheat. Might be worth testing the CPU too.

FurMark - GPU Stress Test

Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU

philc43, May 20, 2016
  5. Check your Reliability history,the quickest way is to start typing reliability into the search box.If there are any red flags,then select each in turn and view the TECH details.The common problem is nvidea display drivers,from memory is "nvlddmkm" There is no onefix solves all,unfortunately.Make a restore point and/or clone your drive,then download,FROM Nvidea ONLY,the latest driver package and install using the CUSTOM method only and select only the drivers, not all the other stuff.
    It worked for me.
    The technical bit is the TDR,timeout detection and response,which shuts down the display etc.A google search will give a more comprehensive explanation

joeandmarg0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Randomly Freezes after a few minutes Why? - Similar Threads - Randomly Freezes few

2. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freeze after few minutes of usage: Hello.i want to find a solution about my crashing PC, i wonder if someone can help me.so at first i use my computer normally, but then it starts freezing, i can't click anything, can't do Ctrl + Alt + Del, after a while it shows the blue screen of death with various code,...
  3. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC freeze after few minutes of usage: Hello.i want to find a solution about my crashing PC, i wonder if someone can help me.so at first i use my computer normally, but then it starts freezing, i can't click anything, can't do Ctrl + Alt + Del, after a while it shows the blue screen of death with various code,...
  4. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  5. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  6. Pc freezes after a few minutes

7. Internet starts randomly freezing after using the PC for a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet starts randomly freezing after using the PC for a few minutes.: My internet suddenly started freezing for a few seconds and went back to normal constantly after using the PC for ten minutes. I've updated my Windows 11 to the latest version, restarted my PC and router, and I did not install anything....
  8. Internet starts randomly freezing after using the PC for a few minutes.

Internet starts randomly freezing after using the PC for a few minutes.: My internet suddenly started freezing for a few seconds and went back to normal constantly after using the PC for ten minutes. I've updated my Windows 11 to the latest version, restarted my PC and router, and I did not install anything....
  9. PC freezing a few minutes after i enter desktop and randomly

PC freezing a few minutes after i enter desktop and randomly: Ok.. so my PC freezes after a few minutes in desktop BUT sometimes does that in Windows loading after entering desktop or even after i write password and just freezes but I did noticed that the time matters! Like i Open for the first time the PC freezes after a few minutes...
  10. Win 10 freezes for a few seconds randomly

Win 10 freezes for a few seconds randomly: Hello: For a long time, my PC would freeze for a couple seconds and then the display would fail to render. After a lot of poking, it turns out that there is some kind of weirdness between the Spotify program downloaded from the website and some video cards. When I...