Windows 10: Win 10 Start-up

Discus and support Win 10 Start-up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a reinstall and check all settings. When I start windows, she starts fine into my cover page. However, when I restore from Sleep she boots into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Funkyecat, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Funkyecat Win User

Win 10 Start-up

After a reinstall and check all settings. When I start windows, she starts fine into my cover page. However, when I restore from Sleep she boots into the sign in page w/ time in the lower left. I have to click on the time, then click on the Welcome page (sign in), then she will boot in. (I have no password, tried 'sfc /scannow' and and made s!ure there is no check on start w/ password 'netplwiz'. Strange

:)

Funkyecat, Feb 20, 2018
  2. Taffy087 Win User

win 10 start-up

I use WinPatrol - it's ideal for your problem as you can delay Apps from starting when you power-up. It will also alert you when a program is trying to change your settings, install itself behind you back and other great things.

The basis version is free and you can get it >HERE.<

Hoping this helps - let me know how you get on.

Taffy087, Feb 20, 2018
  3. win 10 start-up

How do I turn off an app from opening on start-up of Win 10How do I turn off an app from opening on start-up of Win 10

alAndersen, Feb 20, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Win 10 Start-up

Go to settings, accounts, sign-in options, under Require sign-in, change the option to never.

NavyLCDR, Feb 20, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    Ok - there is an option in account, sign-in options "Require sign-in" that you set to never.

Now here is the dumb thing - you have to have passwords enabled to set it to never. So set it so you need a password, then set option to never, then you can remove need for password again.

cereberus, Feb 20, 2018
  6. lx07 Win User
    There used to be an option to require (or not) a password on resume from sleep (see
    disable-login-sleep-windows-7-8) but Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Build 1607 removed it though.

What worked for me is first run reg file from option 2 here: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

then commands from option 4 here: Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

After that you can turn it on and off and it seems to work.

Win 10 Start-up [​IMG]

7. Barman58 Win User
    There is an option to require a password under Accounts - Sign-in options in my copies of 1709, (Pro), can't say if it was removed in 1607 and then added back after complaints or it's just that it was moved, (Where's my Cheese *Wink *Biggrin )

Win 10 Start-up [​IMG]

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018
  8. lx07 Win User

Win 10 Start-up

TIL - there is always an easier way *Smile

9. Barman58 Win User
    Microsoft have a habit with the switch of Settings from the old, (Control Panel), to the new style - they use the change as a good time to rearrange entries, This is a good idea, but only if you remember to actually tell the users what you've done - This is not the only setting that has moved in the last few releases *Wink

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018
  10. cereberus Win User
    *Cool*Cool
    It was never removed - it was dumb because by default, if you had no password set on a local account, the option was hidden.

So dumbly, you had to set a password to make option visible, so you could remove the need for a password on wake.

I cannot specifically remember if this applied also to MS accounts using netplwiz with option not to need a password at login.

cereberus, Feb 20, 2018
  11. Barman58 Win User
    I can remember the option from the pre Microsoft account login days, so I think it's always been there, I can understand the need for a password before the option shows up, if you don't have a password you don't need to decide so don't ask the question.

The change to Microsoft Account from Microsoft ID is causing a lot of confusion as when anyone mentions account you don't know if it's a MS Account or the old Windows Account, (local account ) *Confused

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018
  12. Funkyecat Win User
    Sorry, I stated that I never had a password and it comes up only after 'Sleep' but just requires 2 clicks. It is strange, Please reread.

Funkyecat, Feb 20, 2018
  13. lx07 Win User

Win 10 Start-up

This is exactly what everyone has been responding to.

14. Funkyecat Win User
    Nothing recommended works.

Funkyecat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Start-up

1. Win 10 Start-up - Similar Threads - Start

2. Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer: Whatever I open after starting the computer the apps will shut down in a few seconds. I've tried Edge. Chrome and some other games, the results are all the same. It seems like whatever I run in a few minutes after starting windows have the same issue.Restarting the computer...
  3. Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer: Whatever I open after starting the computer the apps will shut down in a few seconds. I've tried Edge. Chrome and some other games, the results are all the same. It seems like whatever I run in a few minutes after starting windows have the same issue.Restarting the computer...
  4. How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?: I am trying to view videos on CompTIA Testout PC Pro site. For some reason, I start the videos and they are muted. In order to unmute, I have to rightclick on the video while it is playing to show controls, then adjust the volume. I then can hear the video. This happens on...
  5. How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?

How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?: I am trying to view videos on CompTIA Testout PC Pro site. For some reason, I start the videos and they are muted. In order to unmute, I have to rightclick on the video while it is playing to show controls, then adjust the volume. I then can hear the video. This happens on...
  6. Why when I start up windows the taskbar is not visible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I start up windows the taskbar is not visible?: For a minute or more I have to wait untill the taskbar pops up I can't even open edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-start-up-windows-the-taskbar-is-not/0336ebca-5066-467a-aa89-28a1a054b5a8
  7. Why when I start up windows the taskbar is not visible?

Why when I start up windows the taskbar is not visible?: For a minute or more I have to wait untill the taskbar pops up I can't even open edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-start-up-windows-the-taskbar-is-not/0336ebca-5066-467a-aa89-28a1a054b5a8
  8. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...: evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and keep asking the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evoo-laptop-starts-in-american-mega-trends-and/43371f2f-1303-49a2-91a7-15f4b5b7730a
  9. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...: evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and keep asking the password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evoo-laptop-starts-in-american-mega-trends-and/43371f2f-1303-49a2-91a7-15f4b5b7730a
  10. evoo laptop starts in American mega trends and asking for password can't pass this starting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade