Windows 10: Win 10 Users - Wont sign people out

Discus and support Win 10 Users - Wont sign people out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Win 10 is now refusing to sign people out. I have three users on my pc, and each one cannot sign out, when changing users. Anybody got any ideas on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by elbmek, Jan 18, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

Win 10 Users - Wont sign people out

Win 10 is now refusing to sign people out. I have three users on my pc, and each one cannot sign out, when changing users. Anybody got any ideas on why, has it been a recent upgrade? Its only been doing this this week. *Mad

:)

elbmek, Jan 18, 2017

2. Is A Fix Planened for win 10 bug: icons rearrange if display set to 125% and you switch among signed-in users?

This is a bug. If two user accounts on a Win 10 desktop pc have display set at 125%, you cannot switch between the signed-in users without windows very annoyingly re-arranging all desktop items --pushing icons into a pile at the left. This behavior does
    NOT happen if you switch users by Signing OUT....and the Signing in to switch users.

BUT this behavior DOES happen if you just switch to a different user WITHOUT first SIGNING OUT and then CHOOSING THE NEW USER TO SIGN IN.

THIS DID NOT HAPPEN IN WIN 7.....This SHOULD NOT BE HAPPERNING IN WIN 10.

Does Microsoft know about this error? Are there plans to fix it in an update for Windows 10?

KENBABY(2), Jan 18, 2017
  3. Rafisher1 Win User
    How to Add Sign Out to Start>Power Button list

Thanks for that quick reply.

I am setting this system for others, and I need the sign out option on the Power Button list.

When I remote desktop connect to Win 10 computer, there is disconnect on the shutdown button list, but disconnect leaves the user logged in on the Win 10 computer, where Sign Out closes the user and disconnects.

I can tell them to use the user icon to sign out, but that is asking for trouble.

Rafisher1, Jan 18, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Do all of the methods in this tutorial fail when a user tries to sign out?

philc43, Jan 18, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    How exactly are you trying to 'change' users? Are you logging out first then logging in to another user, or clicking Start, then your user icon, then switching to another user? Fast User Switching is meant to leave all users signed in. I use it all the time, it's useful for support purposes here to log in as a standard user while looking for answers to a poster's problems. On another of my systems switching users does indeed log out the first user, but that has limited memory and runs 32-bit Windows 10.

Switch User in Windows 10

Win 10 Users - Wont sign people out [​IMG]

6. elbmek Win User
    I can sign out others when using shutdown. And also TM, This staying logged in never used to happen until recently. I can leave all users signed in but it always defaults to last user on boot up, which is a little bit irritating when its not me. EG: Today I went into the pc and my wife had been using it, so it was on her desktop in spite of her logging off before leaving the pc. So I had to leave her logged in desktop and then activate mine, as I say, mild irritation. I suppose I'll have to get used to the 'new' win 10 and just leave one to log in myself......

What it used to do was when all were logged out, it came up on the lock screen and I selected my log in, now I have to go from one desktop to another, unless I was last user

elbmek, Jan 18, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Have you any of your users set a blank password recently? Windows will by default start up at the log in screen for the last user who was logged on. If that user has a blank password you will be signed in immediately without being asked for a password.

It is also possible that a user who has a password has been set up to automatically sign in.
    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

8. elbmek Win User

we all dont use passwords, never have done. I just did a reboot (for diff reasons) and it defaulted to last user, me.

elbmek, Jan 18, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    That would be it then. One way to guarantee you stop at the login screen after rebooting would to be to set up a dummy user that does have a password. Then set it to Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup using Option One, but leave the password blank.

10. elbmek Win User
    interesting but surely I still have to circumvent 'user' to get to log ins???

elbmek, Jan 18, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    At boot up you will be told the password for 'user' is incorrect. Click 'OK' to get to the log in screen with the choice of user accounts at the lower left corner.

Or just leave things as they are. If you've just booted up you know that your wife didn't actually sign in and have work that needs saving, so it's safe to log her out.

12. elbmek Win User
    danke. my original question still stands, why did it change and what 'upgrade' caused it? I got win 10 on release date and only now has it gone 'funny'.

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Users - Wont sign people out - Similar Threads - Users Wont sign

2. A question about signing out of a user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A question about signing out of a user: So this may seem like a dumb question, but does signing out of a user remove that user’s name from the login screen? Normally I have two users available on my login screen and after selecting one I just have to enter the password. However, one has disappeared and I was...
  3. GPO to sign out idle user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO to sign out idle user: Dear All, Is there any GPOs or any way that I can schedule a task on the server to log out idle users ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpo-to-sign-out-idle-user/7ea62d53-b2f3-4eac-a65f-f34339c04d0d
  4. Window 10 user profile temporarily signing out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 user profile temporarily signing out: The Microsoft account connected on my windows laptop automatically signing out sometimes while turning on the laptop. It moves to a temporary user profile automatically and I have to restart again to get into my permanent account. It's happening to me for the last one and...
  5. Window 10 user profile temporarily signing out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 user profile temporarily signing out: The Microsoft account connected on my windows laptop automatically signing out sometimes while turning on the laptop. It moves to a temporary user profile automatically and I have to restart again to get into my permanent account. It's happening to me for the last one and...
  6. Window 10 user profile temporarily signing out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. User sign out/sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  8. User sign out/sign in

User sign out/sign in: Do i need to sign out every time from one user to another? What if i keep both of them signed in? I need to sign out,only if the computer is running slow because both of em are using ram?...
  9. How to Sign out other users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Sign out other users in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Like most operating systems, Windows 10 supports multiple accounts located on the same computer. […] This article How to Sign out other users in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. win 10 people app drops out on start

win 10 people app drops out on start: OS win-10 eval copy build 17744.rs55_release.180818-1845 when I open people app, I see setup page for 2 secs, then it drops out no error code looking at people app, it indicates 0 bytes which may explain dropout I reset app w/o change Store indicates app is installed...