Windows 10: wincdows 10 updates

Discus and support wincdows 10 updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello: I have not received any updates to Windows 10 since 12/12/19. Seems to be an usually long time between updates. Typically it;s every couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by quickwriter, Jan 14, 2020 at 9:27 AM.

1. wincdows 10 updates

Hello:

I have not received any updates to Windows 10 since 12/12/19. Seems to be an usually long time between updates. Typically it;s every couple of weeks or so. When I check for updates, under Update and Security, it tells me that the device is up to date. But just think it strange that there hasn't been a single update in over a month. Anyone else getting the same thing?

:)

2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond wincdows 10 updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

4. wincdows 10 updates

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Thema:

wincdows 10 updates

1. wincdows 10 updates - Similar Threads - wincdows updates

2. Access Denied when attempting to contact support or update edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access Denied when attempting to contact support or update edge: I am getting this message upon clicking any link, TOP of page or Bottom... Overall or Individual... , that would lead to ANY support of SO FAR any microsoft product I have tried. You don't have permission to access "http://support.microsoft.com/windows" on this server....
  3. Window Office 2010 Won't Update Because it isn't there.

Window Office 2010 Won't Update Because it isn't there.: I have the latest version of Windows 10 and using a desktop PC. For many weeks, I get updates for Office 2010 and they will never install. I talked with a Microsoft Advisor and he had me do a lot of keyboard gymnastics and scans. The uninstalled updates remain. I...
  4. updating Windows without internet

updating Windows without internet: I work for an organisation which is in a remote location and does not have access to internet Is there any way i can download windows updates in another location and then update my PCs in the remote location. Ashish...
  5. Update KB4528760 installed but now network disconnects every time I change users

Update KB4528760 installed but now network disconnects every time I change users: Recently installed the KB4528760 January patch - that was an ordeal that took several hours and the use of the Microsoft Media Creation tool. After that install, whenever I switch users on the system the network can no longer connect to the internet. I installed the...
  6. New computer crashed after update

New computer crashed after update: My new HP computer laptop crashed after the update before this last one. I have tried everything I know and nothing works. It did once tell me it would fully load because update was at only 80%. Should I call tech support or can you email instructions on how to fix it. Kay...
  7. No v1909 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No v1909 Update: A few weeks ago, my desktop PC was offered an update from v1903 to v1909. I paused the update over Xmas, but no update to v1909 is now being offered after allowing updates. Has MS pulled the update for v 1909? 148803
  8. Win Update error with KB4528760

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win Update error with KB4528760: Win 10 Pro x64, Build 18363.535, Version 1909/Nov 2019 Update I have clean-installed Windows 10 Pro at the beginning of this year. Windows Update was running fine until yesterday, when the January Cumulative Update refused to install on my PC: (KB4528760) - Error 0x800f0982...
  9. Java updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java updates?: I got a notification on my system at boot up this morning wanting me to install a java update. IIRC, in Win 7 it was suggested that java should not be run at all. Is java on Win 10 safe and should I allow updates to Java? 148758
  10. Updated Password - Win Firewall Blocking connections from Linux Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated Password - Win Firewall Blocking connections from Linux Server: Hi All - I have a weird situation and hoping you can help me. The thread title pretty well describes my problem. I have had an Ubuntu server running for over a year, and I auto mount some network shares from my Windows 10 machine onto my ubuntu 19.10 machine using fstab,...