Windows 10: Windows 10 activation issue after reset

Discus and support Windows 10 activation issue after reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Since I did a full reset on my laptop for cleaning purposes I have been having issues activating Windows 10 once again on my laptop. I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tony Aldersmoke, May 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 activation issue after reset

Hello,

Since I did a full reset on my laptop for cleaning purposes I have been having issues activating Windows 10 once again on my laptop. I'm using this laptop as a personal one and I'm the admin of it.

Before I was getting "Windows 10 license will expire soon" message, but it showed me that my license is activated via digital license.

Now the issue has gone this far that it shows me that my windows is not activated anymore and I get this message in the "Settings" - "Activation" section : "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organizations activation server. Make sure..." etc. and it ends with and error code 0x8007232B . By troubleshooting the issue I get is here: Windows 10 activation issue after reset 20e2ba48-a315-4035-bb5b-804f9e3844d9?upload=true.png

And when i run the slmgr.vbs /dlv command the window i get is here:

Windows 10 activation issue after reset cd8dbaa5-d6c0-47dc-b16f-c7eac4b130a9?upload=true.png

What could be the issue with my activation? I really do not recollect seeing my product key anywhere when I purchased this laptop from a dealer store so it must be digital and I have had no issues beforehand with it. I really need help with the activation.

:)

Tony Aldersmoke, May 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 31, 2019
  3. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10 activation issue after reset

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 activation issue after reset

1. Windows 10 activation issue after reset - Similar Threads - activation issue reset

2. windows 10 Activation after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 Activation after reset: I am currently using windows 10. I didn't activate windows 10. if I reset my computer will it ask to activate windows or will I be able to use it as before ?...
  3. Activation issues after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation issues after reset: I hard reset my computer while it was frozen and I was gaming. It wouldn't restart, so I eventually used the reset windows utility to reset windows but keep my files. It signs in now, but it is saying I need to activate windows. I try and run the commands in the CMD prompt...
  4. Activation issues after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation issues after reset: I hard reset my computer while it was frozen and I was gaming. It wouldn't restart, so I eventually used the reset windows utility to reset windows but keep my files. It signs in now, but it is saying I need to activate windows. I try and run the commands in the CMD prompt...
  5. Activation issues after reset

6. Activate issues after PC reset

Activate issues after PC reset: I want to preface this by saying that I've been trying to reach out to Microsoft support for an hour now, only to find out that you can't actually chat or speak to a live agent and that you have to depend on kb articles and community posts to get a Microsoft issue resolved....
  7. Issues with activation after resetting PC

Issues with activation after resetting PC: Good Afternoon, I was running Windows Updates on Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10 Pro. For whatever reason the Updates hung up and as a last resort I booted in Safe Mode and ran the Reset this PC. After the reset ran and Windows reloaded I now see that I am running a...
  8. windows activation issue after system reset

windows activation issue after system reset: I purchased a computer from Ebay. I had to do a system reset. As a result of this the activation for Windows got wiped. The original owner gave me the code but the system says this won't work....
  9. Windows 10 Activation After Reset

Windows 10 Activation After Reset: I am having trouble activating windows after a system reset after programs became unstable and unusable and reinstalling them did not work well. We have a digital license from the free upgrade on this computer and I had actually activated it a week ago after a reset and...
  10. windows 10 activation after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 activation after reset: I have recently reset my windows 10 that was original on my laptop since I have bought it. I tried to activate it but I couldn't. I found my key using command below: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey Then as I entered it I got this message: "We...