Windows 10: Windows 10 and DISM help required please

Discus and support Windows 10 and DISM help required please in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is this the correct place to get help for DISM on Windows 10? Thank you, Nolly 87249 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nolly1959, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Nolly1959 Win User

Windows 10 and DISM help required please

Is this the correct place to get help for DISM on Windows 10?

Thank you,
    Nolly

:)

Nolly1959, Jun 20, 2017

2. DISM version requirement

It appears that the DISM tool only works with the initial release of Windows 10 or more specifically version 10.0.10586.0.
    Is this correct? In a WIKI article that I received via
    answers.microsoft, “The ISO must be exactly the same version as the running OS.
    An ISO of 10586.0 will not repair a running system of 10586.35 because it has additional features and updates.”
    The current Windows 10 version (as of 5/27/2016) is 10.0.10586.318!
    In other words, if you have received an update, you cannot use the DISM tool.
    Hopefully I am missing something. If not, the tool is less than worthless.

Doug WardAG, Jun 20, 2017
  3. maxlight Win User
    i cant get the window 10 upgrade even with up to date window 8.1

my laptop is running on a window 8.1 pro which is licensed and is up to date....but the trouble shooter says that its not

i have tried to use the dism /online /get-packages | findstr 2976978,dism /online /get-packages | findstr 2919355 commands to check the updates but it tells me that i got all of the packages.......and also does the update for window 10 require
    the window store? because im having some problem with it too......please microsoft i need your help

maxlight, Jun 20, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. Nolly1959 Win User
    Bree, Thank you for your quick reply.

I am trying to ascertain if all is well with my Windows 10. A look at the DISM log file reports a different image version from that installed. The log file has two Warnings and Two Errors in it!

If I supply the information in the log file, would you please help me understand.

Nolly

Nolly1959, Jun 20, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Attach the log file to a post, it would be to much and too difficult to read if you paste directly into a post. You may need to send it to a compressed .zip file first to meet the site's attachment size restrictions.

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

7. Nolly1959 Win User
    Here we go, I hope.

Windows 10 and DISM help required please [​IMG]

Nolly

Nolly1959, Jun 20, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Thanks...

The log appears to be for two runs of DISM. In the second attempt the key lines appear to be...
    Code: 2017-06-21 14:27:49, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Host machine information: OS Version=10.0.15063, Running architecture=amd64, Number of processors=4 2017-06-21 14:27:49, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Dism.exe version: 10.0.15063.0 ... 2017-06-21 14:28:14, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: Dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:C:\test\offline\install.wim ... 2017-06-21 14:28:14, Error DISM DISM WIM Provider: PID=9408 "WIM open failed." - CWimImageInfoCollection::Initialize(hr:0x80070003)[/quote] You say that...
    DISM reported that: Host machine information: OS Version=10.0.15063 which is the Creators Update. Were you under the impression you had an earlier version? Did you then try to use an earlier install.wim in C:\test\offline\install.wim ?

You don't need to specify an install.wim (or install.esd) for DISM to use. DISM can run without that, it will use the current system as its source. Try it without...

To check without making repairs use:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealth

To repair use:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

9. Nolly1959 Win User
    Yes, I did mention that the image version from the log file is different from what I have installed. This is most likely incorrect but winver reports the following:

Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413).

OK the OS Build is the same. It was the 1703 that fooled me.

Believe I have already run one of the cleanup-image commands. Guess I should run ScanHealth and only run RestoreHealth if there are errors.

Nolly1959, Jun 21, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Until the 19th May there was a problem in the Creators Update (1703, os build 15063) with DISM reporting corruption but being unable to repair it. This was fixed by Microsoft updating something on their servers that was causing DISM to fail with 'source not found' when it tried to refer to it.

If you haven't run DISM successfully yet you may still have the incorrect info on your system and the ScanHealth may still report corruption. Since the fix at Microsoft's end the RestoreHealth will successfully repair this. See this thread...

Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair

11. Nolly1959 Win User
    Bree, Thank you.

See if I get any errors.

Nolly

Nolly1959, Jun 21, 2017
  12. Nolly1959 Win User
    Tried running /ScanHealth three times and got the same error each time at different stages of completion.

Here is the last attempt.

C:\windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[===========================96.2%======================= ]
    Error: 0x80010108

The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
    An error occurred closing a servicing component in the image.
    Wait a few minutes and try running the command again.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\windows\system32>

Nolly1959, Jun 21, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

It my help if you took a few steps back and explained what prompted you to try DISM in the first place. Were you experiencing problems with your system?

Generally, before trying DISM the first step is to check for corrupted system files. In an admin command prompt type...
    SFC /SCANNOW

Run SFC Command in Windows 10

The error 0x80010108 seems to be associated with accessing the update servers, it has also been seen with windows update and windows upgrades. The 'Wait a few minutes and try running the command again' message is just in case the problem is at the server end.

If after running sfc /scannow you still have this error, try the /LimitAccess option to prevent DISM from contacting the update servers.

dism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealth /LimitAccess

14. Nolly1959 Win User
    Recently I had a support person from where I purchsed this PC log in remotely in order to 1) Partition my hard drive, 2) Install Windows 7 in that partition. No matter what he tried, Windows 7 could not be installed. On several occasions I had to use the power button as the aborted Windows 7 install did not allow the PC to reboot. Since than I have experienced the occasional hang where I needed to use the Power button to reboot the system. Also, I had a message two days ago that suggested that I did 'something' as there was possible corruption. When I did that it was reported that an invalid IP configuration had been fixed and something else. That may have explained why I was having problems with accessing the Internet and I was unable to connect to my WiFi Router. That issue has not returned. I have already run sfc /scannow at least one. I am running it now as suggested. Fast Starup is turned on. I run commands from Command Prompt (Admin).

Nolly1959, Jun 22, 2017
  15. Nolly1959 Win User
    sfc /scannow has finished. The /LimitAccess command gave an error. See below.

C:\windows\system32>SFC /SCANNOW

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealth /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

Error: 87

The limitaccess option is not recognized in this context.
    For more information, refer to the help.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\windows\system32>

Will run sfc /scannow again tomorrow.

Nolly1959, Jun 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 and DISM help required please - Similar Threads - DISM help required

2. DISM Error 87 Windows 11 Help Please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Error 87 Windows 11 Help Please: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.1 Image Version: 10.0.22621.963 Error: 87 The source option is missing an argument. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-error-87-windows-11-help-please/7c4b5979-77bd-400d-a5dd-f467f2134dab
  3. DISM Error 87 Windows 11 Help Please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM Error 87 Windows 11 Help Please: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.1 Image Version: 10.0.22621.963 Error: 87 The source option is missing an argument. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-error-87-windows-11-help-please/7c4b5979-77bd-400d-a5dd-f467f2134dab
  4. DISM Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Help: My Win 10 1903 OS no longer updates, and I am trying to address this with DISM. No matter what I do, DISM cannot find source files. I have a mounted ISO file on drive H: and tried the following from PowerShell (Admin): DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  5. A Little DISM Help, Please

A Little DISM Help, Please: What's the proper order/sequence to execute these: 1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore 2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup 3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase 4. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth 5. DISM...
  6. A required privilege is not held by the client // help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A required privilege is not held by the client // help please: Every time i want to install something i get this a required privilege is not held by the client can any one please help thank you 66101
  7. BSOD Help Required to Debugg and Solve Please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Help Required to Debugg and Solve Please: Hi all. I have been having BSOD issues with my Desktop PC for months. I have tried to search on the Stop Codes and followed instructions to resolve that I have found on the internet, but no improvement. Can anyone please step me through finding the log/crash information on my...
  8. I cannot get DISM to work! Help please!

I cannot get DISM to work! Help please!: Nevermind. A user on another site solved it for me by providing me the correct ISO. 61303
  9. DISM Error 32 please Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error 32 please Help: When I ran this line: dism.exe /Capture-Image /ImageFile:G:\wimfiles\install.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:Windows_10 / compress:max I got a error 32. I sent along the log file and a picture of the screen when the error came up what do I need to do? Is there somewhere on this...
  10. Please help, mmc.exe is inaccesable and DISM has problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help, mmc.exe is inaccesable and DISM has problems: Okay so I have been working on this for close to 10 hours between last night and today and it is way beyond old. I discovered last night that I was unable to access device manager and upon further inspection can not access most administrative tools that worked fine a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. solve problem dism 10.0.10586.0 error 87

2. executing dism i get at the end ERROR 5 and access dennied