Windows 10: Windows 10 App window won't reduce by dragging.

Discus and support Windows 10 App window won't reduce by dragging. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my Windows 10 machine, I just ran an app which somehow caused the window toget larger than I want. I tried dragging the sides to shrink the window,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RogerBlair, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Windows 10 App window won't reduce by dragging.

On my Windows 10 machine, I just ran an app which somehow caused the window toget larger than I want. I tried dragging the sides to shrink the window, but the double-headed arrow wouldn't "grap" the side, so when I dragged the arrow, the side wouldn't follow. This happened out of nowhere, and I'm not sure what happened or how to fix it. I'm also worried that this "bad habit" might spread to other apps (like Firefox). How do I make the window smaller? (Note: this occurs in"reduced-size" mode, not full screen.)

:)

RogerBlair, Dec 23, 2016
  2. Coles Law Win User

Mute Buttons sometimes doesn't work

Hey,

My Windows 10 laptop seems to have encountered this issue for seemingly a week or 2. Sometimes whenever I want to mute my laptop, I realize that the hotkeys on my keyboard won't mute it, and that the only way to mute the laptop was to reduce the volume to 0
    manually(by either using the function key to reduce the volume or by dragging the volume slider to 0). On other occasions(now actually), my laptop is unable to unmute itself from mute where nomatter what I tried(tried using the mute function key, changing
    the volume as well as dragging the volume slider), it still stayed in mute.

Can I have some help with this issue? Thanks in advanced.

My laptop model is HP Pavilion 15-bc009tx, running Windows 10 Home, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.309) if it helps.

Coles Law, Dec 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer shrinks and crashes every time I try to resize or drag it to another screen

Windows 10 File Explorer crashes when resized or I try to drag it to another screen. While trying to drag of resize, it immediately reduces to a 2X2" screen and flickers constantly while display "Not Responding". I can replicate this problem each
    and every time I do the same.

BillSpittle, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Tony K Win User

Windows 10 App window won't reduce by dragging.

Hello, Roger. Welcome to Windows Ten Forums.

How long has this been happening? Have you rebooted the machine?

Tony K, Dec 23, 2016
  5. It just started this morning; no I haven'[t rebooted yet, but will this afternoon

RogerBlair, Dec 23, 2016
  6. Tony K Win User
    Ok. Can you reboot now to see if that resolves it? It only takes a minute.

Also, have you installed any programs recently before this happened?

Tony K, Dec 23, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Is it possible your Notebook/Laptop has changed to Tablet mode? Check the Notification button on the Notification Area, right-side of the clock. I noticed that on one of my Touchscreen Notebooks.

Berton, Dec 23, 2016
  8. Windows 10 App window won't reduce by dragging.

I just rebooted--no difference. Also, the machine is not in Tablet Mode. and I haven't installed anything.

RogerBlair, Dec 23, 2016
  9. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Dec 24, 2016
  10. I tried the "Dynamic Duo" (DISM and sfc), but no change. One observation: when I start the program (MalwareBytes) it opens in its normal size; when I maximize it and reduce it again, it falls into the situation I described. Does that suggest anything to you?

RogerBlair, Dec 24, 2016
  11. Tony K Win User
    Sorry for the delay. Christmas-busy yesterday.

Did you run sfc at least 3 times as the tutorial says?

I'm at a loss and thinking it may be your video driver? Has that updated lately? Is it up to date?

There is one Registry modification I saw that may help. I'll have to search for that again.

Tony K, Dec 25, 2016
  12. Tony K Win User
    @RogerBlair

Does holding Windows Key + Down Arrow key or any arrow key work by any chance? We'll see if the keyboard shortcuts work at least.

Tony K, Dec 25, 2016
  13. Tony K Win User

In re-reading this > Is it just that one app you mentioned and no other apps?

Tony K, Dec 25, 2016
  14. Hippsie Gypsie,
    • I missed the 3-time requirement for running sfc (see below).
    • MalwareBytes is the only program I've run across with this behavior.
    • The Windows key-arrow combination only minimizes MalwareBytes to the taskbar; on other programs, the combo switches between regular-size and full-page views.
    • Here is what I've done this morning:
      • Ran sfc (no problems);
      • Updated drivers;
      • Rebooted;
      • Tested Malwarebytes--no change;
      • Tested Windows key-arrow combinations (see above);
      • Ran sfc again--same result; and
      • Tested MalwareBytes again--no change.
    What else can I check before I go back to a restore point (and lose the driver updates)/

RogerBlair, Dec 26, 2016
  15. Tony K Win User
    I checked with others here that run Malwarebytes and they say it has some weird GUI problems, but not all the same problems. Problems none the less, so you're not alone. You may want to search their help site or the net for a solution to your particular machine. Also, you may want to post your problem in a more specific forum category here: https://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-...stem-security/

Sorry I can't be of more help. Hope you or they get it solved.

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 App window won't reduce by dragging. - Similar Threads - App window won't

2. Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11.: Hopefully I can be specific and clear here. Intermittently, I open a Windows Explorer folder window and I can't drag the window. I CAN drag and drop the files from that window to another window. But I can't drag the window across the desktop. I left click and hold as usual,...
  3. Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer window intermittently won't drag in Windows 11.: Hopefully I can be specific and clear here. Intermittently, I open a Windows Explorer folder window and I can't drag the window. I CAN drag and drop the files from that window to another window. But I can't drag the window across the desktop. I left click and hold as usual,...
  4. Teams Call/Meeting Window Won't Drag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teams Call/Meeting Window Won't Drag: I need help with dragging a maximized window. Specifically, only an ACTIVE Teams call or meeting. Other Teams windows like a chat works fine and any other program has no issue whatsoever. If my Teams call is maximized and I want to move it to my other screen, I need to click...
  5. Teams Call/Meeting Window Won't Drag

Teams Call/Meeting Window Won't Drag: I need help with dragging a maximized window. Specifically, only an ACTIVE Teams call or meeting. Other Teams windows like a chat works fine and any other program has no issue whatsoever. If my Teams call is maximized and I want to move it to my other screen, I need to click...
  6. drag and drop - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    drag and drop - windows 10: windows 10 pro version 2004 build 19041.630 I've been using program launcher powerpro for 15 or more years with no problems under windows XP and windows 7. PowerPro Now, under windows 10, I'm having a problem with dragging and dropping files from the file manager onto...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Windows MInimizing while dragging an App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Windows MInimizing while dragging an App: I finally got fed up with this so, a report. Im using Visual Studio 2019. SO I click on the top part and start dragging... It causes Other windows to minimize. Its NOT a touch screen. Of course, It does not happen every time, but its often enough to be damned irritating....
  8. Cannot drag on touch in windows apps

Cannot drag on touch in windows apps: I have a Surface Book. The problem is in Microsoft Store apps, I cannot drag on touch (It scrolls instead.) Please help me, I am using a drawing app. Tapping works fine though. Thanks!...
  9. Windows 10, Mouse Lag - Sluggish window dragging with Office apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, Mouse Lag - Sluggish window dragging with Office apps: When trying to drag any Office program open window using the mouse, the drag is very slow, severely lagging behind the mouse motion. This only happens with Office programs, all other windows work normally. This issue started about a month ago with a windows/office update. I...
  10. Unable to reduce size of app window

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to reduce size of app window: I am using Internet explorer 11 with Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I am referring to the controls in the upper right corner of the webpage window (the minus sign, the overlapping squares and the "X" symbols). The minus sign and the X do what they are supposed to do. The...