Windows 10: Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Many consumer SSDs claim to support encryption and BitLocker believed them. But, as we learned last year, those drives often weren’t securely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD

Read more: Windows 10’s BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD

:)

Brink, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10

Source: Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10 as compared to Windows 7 | Ask the Core Team

Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD [​IMG]
    Tip

Brink, Sep 28, 2019
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD

TURN ON BITLOCKER DRIVE ENCRYPTION

Hello HeavensEarth69,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/encrypt-windows-10-op...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD

1. Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD - Similar Threads - BitLocker Encryption Longer

2. Recover bitlocker encrypted FOLDER from SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover bitlocker encrypted FOLDER from SSD: Hello - running Win7 Ultimate on SSD. During boot-up, shows Windows logo then black screen with frozen cursor. Spent hours trying to repair - Windows repair disk fails during repair. Decided to just recover files and re-install with Win10. When using another computer WIN10...
  3. BITLOCKER BUG: Windows 10 OS tries to "fix" a BitLocker encrypted SSD and renders it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BITLOCKER BUG: Windows 10 OS tries to "fix" a BitLocker encrypted SSD and renders it...: ALMOST ONE YEAR WITH NO ASSISTANCE1 My Surface Pro 3 died. 2 I removed the Bitlocker Encrypted SSD and took it to a high-end datarecovery office. Their "expertise" was that nothing could be recovered. 3 On my own I recovered the key and bought a USB adapter for it. in January...
  4. BITLOCKER BUG: Windows 10 OS tries to "fix" a BitLocker encrypted SSD and renders it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BITLOCKER BUG: Windows 10 OS tries to "fix" a BitLocker encrypted SSD and renders it...: ALMOST ONE YEAR WITH NO ASSISTANCE1 My Surface Pro 3 died. 2 I removed the Bitlocker Encrypted SSD and took it to a high-end datarecovery office. Their "expertise" was that nothing could be recovered. 3 On my own I recovered the key and bought a USB adapter for it. in January...
  5. BITLOCKER BUG: Windows 10 OS tries to "fix" a BitLocker encrypted SSD and renders it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. BitLocker encryption on Internal SSD drives?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker encryption on Internal SSD drives?: I always enable BitLocker so that the ENTIRE SSD DRIVE is encrypted. My question is, does it really matter if I turn on BitLocker encryption before or after adding my data onto the Internal SSD drive of my laptop? I also use TPM with pre-boot PIN. 177028
  7. Restore data from SSD encrypted by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore data from SSD encrypted by BitLocker: Hello, Win10 64bit system SSD/HDD had sw failure and can´t be run anymore BSOD or boot error. How can be possible to read data from SSD/HDD on other pc via adapter "sata to usb" or "nvme to usb" when harddrive is encrpted by BitLocker when is known the BitLocker key?...
  8. BitLocker encryption is enabled on your OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker encryption is enabled on your OS: ***Modify title from: Trying to change boot configuration, but BitLocker prompts recovery mode - except I run Windows 10 Home, and don't have BitLocker installed?*** I am optimizing my Wintows 10 laptop by changing the boot settings to use all of my processors, not GUI...
  9. Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD: How to: Windows 10 BitLocker Encryption No Longer Trusts Your SSD Many consumer SSDs claim to support encryption and BitLocker believed them. But, as we learned last year, those drives often weren’t securely encrypting files. Microsoft just changed Windows 10 to stop...
  10. Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10: Hello, my name is Ritesh Sinha and I am a Support Escalation Engineer on the Windows team. Today’s blog will cover “Why Bitlocker takes longer to complete the encryption in Windows 10 as compared to Windows 7”. A brief summary of Bitlocker is: Bitlocker is a disk...