Windows 10: Windows 10 fails to update

Discus and support Windows 10 fails to update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Each time I boot up my PC it tries (but fails) to install two updates; (1) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tybee, Jun 12, 2016.

1. tybee Win User

Windows 10 fails to update

Each time I boot up my PC it tries (but fails) to install two updates; (1) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3163207) with Error code 0x8007371b and (2) Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based systems with typically no error code. Other updates have successfully installed, but these two fail every time. When it fails it then undoes all changes and Restarts without updating. Sometimes the update gets to as much as 30% before it removes the changes and Restarts. I've run the built-in update troubleshooter which always finds and fixes(?) the problems but they keep coming back. I've run sfc /scannow which reports errors 'some of which it could not fix.' I have also run DISM .../checkhealth > no errors detected. I have followed numerous threads and used some of the info found but to no avail. Any assistance would sure be appreciated.

:)

tybee, Jun 12, 2016

2. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Jun 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Jun 12, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi tybee and welcome to Tenforums.

The System File Checker should be run at least 3 times, with reboots in-between, so it can attempt repairs. If you still get errors after that, please see here, option #5, to get the part of the log we'll need to review:
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Once you've posted that, we'll have a look and see what should be done next. Thanks.

simrick, Jun 12, 2016
  5. tybee Win User
    I have completed the x3 sfc scans and attached the "details" file.

scfdetails.txt

tybee, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Cromax Win User
    if you have third party antiviruses turn off during updates

Cromax, Jun 13, 2016
  7. tybee Win User
    Ok, I turned the A/V off and then checked for updates. There (4) ready to install; the two originals and two new ones. The new ones installed just fine but problem updates failed again.

tybee, Jun 14, 2016
  8. Kyhi Win User

it is Microsoft edge giving you the issue

Image Health (link in sig below)

option 1
    then option 2
    option 0

post reports...

9. simrick Win User
    Yes, as Kyhi says, Edge appears to be giving you troubles (and a few other things).
    Code: 2016-06-14 11:56:05, Info CSI 00007ac9 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:63 ml:64]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"\[l:9]"eView.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted 2016-06-14 11:56:05, Info CSI 00007acc [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:63 ml:64]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"\[l:11]"Actions.xbf"; source file in store is also corrupted 2016-06-14 11:56:06, Info CSI 00007acf [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:63 ml:64]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"\[l:10]"eModel.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted 2016-06-14 11:56:06, Info CSI 00007ad2 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:63 ml:64]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"\[l:9]"eData.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted 2016-06-14 11:56:06, Info CSI 00007ad5 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:63 ml:64]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"\[l:17]"MicrosoftEdge.exe"; source file in store is also corrupted 2016-06-14 11:56:06, Info CSI 00007ad8 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:63 ml:64]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"\[l:12]"Settings.xbf"; source file in store is also corrupted 2016-06-14 11:56:06, Info CSI 00007adb [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:63 ml:64]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe"\[l:13]"resources.pri"; source file in store is also corrupted 2016-06-14 11:56:06, Info CSI 00007ade [SR] Repair complete[/quote] Run the Image Health tool. You may find you'll need to download the latest ISO from MS and point to it for repairs.

simrick, Jun 14, 2016
  10. tybee Win User
    I'm currently unable to download the Image Health tool because the link is temporarily disabled. I did down load Win10_1511_2_English_x64 onto my desktop. ??This is to be the uncorrupted file source?? I intended to load it onto a USB stick, however, my noob is really starting to show here and I'm not sure how to proceed.

tybee, Jun 14, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Not to worry - let's try this:
    Right-click the ISO and select MOUNT.
    Then, refer to the tutorial here on how to run the DISM command to repair a Windows Image.
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

Basically, here's what you're going to do :
    (This assumes your ISO mounts to drive letter H: - you need to put whatever letter your ISO mounts to in the command)

Open an Administrative Command Prompt and type
    Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess[/quote]

simrick, Jun 14, 2016
  12. tybee Win User
    Well, I mounted the source file and ran the DISM ... /source cmd as shown above then ran sfc scannow. Still failing to install updates so I've attached the details file.
    sfcdetails04.zip

tybee, Jun 14, 2016
  13. tybee Win User

I was wondering if the source file that I mounted to perform the DISM.... cmd permanently corrected the on-board store. ??

tybee, Jun 14, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    Please check your pm.

simrick, Jun 14, 2016
  15. tybee Win User
    From your and Kyhi's message I set it up and ran Opt#1 which reported:

"No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully. 1 file copied. "

The instructions led me to believe Opt#2 was required only if the results reported that the file was Repairable. Should I run Opt#2/#3? Please advise.

Yes please, because we see problems in the sfc results. Thanks.

Ok. Opt#2 ran and reported success; (1) file copied. Ran Opt#0 file attached: Dism Details.txt

tybee, Jun 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 fails to update - Similar Threads - fails update

2. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  3. windows fails to activate after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows fails to activate after bios update: after updating the bios of my new PC i found that my windows 11 home copy of which i bought through the Microsoft store was suddenly inactivated and showing an error of 0xc004F21. After clicking on the troubleshooter it fails but there's a "I changed Hardware on this device...
  4. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  5. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  6. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

7. Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install: Hello Community, I've been trying to install the latest Windows 10 update, KB123456, but it keeps failing during the installation process. Every time I attempt to install it, I receive an error message, and the update rolls back. I've tried running the Windows Update...
  8. Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install

Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install: Hello Community, I've been trying to install the latest Windows 10 update, KB123456, but it keeps failing during the installation process. Every time I attempt to install it, I receive an error message, and the update rolls back. I've tried running the Windows Update...
  9. Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Updates are Failing to Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are Failing to Install: These updates fail to install. KB5036620 and KB5036893 Done the following:RestartCleared cache.Deactivated 3rd party anti-virusRan Windows troubleshooter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-are-failing-to-install/a6e5e3b1-f670-4d97-8a1c-1120f505a035

Users found this page by searching for:

1. (KB4556799) 오류 0x80073701

2. (KB4503286) - Error 0x8007371b

3. Troubles to update 2019-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4480116)

4. (KB4483235) - Error 0x8007371b