Windows 10: Windows 10: How do I resolve the issues explained

Discus and support Windows 10: How do I resolve the issues explained in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday my Edge would not open, I would get a box that read "Class not registered". Now, today my Start icon (that little window icon) does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenPalmersheim, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10: How do I resolve the issues explained

Yesterday my Edge would not open, I would get a box that read "Class not registered". Now, today my Start icon (that little window icon) does not function.

:)

KenPalmersheim, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10: How do I resolve the issues explained

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: How do I resolve the issues explained

1. Windows 10: How do I resolve the issues explained - Similar Threads - resolve issues explained

2. How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX": I continue to get this message, "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" It is stopping me from running a program that all of my coworkers have no issues running....
  3. How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX": I continue to get this message, "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" It is stopping me from running a program that all of my coworkers have no issues running....
  4. How do I resolve an Issue with "COMDLG32.OCX"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I resolve this

How do I resolve this: Windows standard security hardware not supported on my desktop please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-this/148aa149-a332-4aa5-9311-853ffdf35e12
  6. How do I resolve Windows Update issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve Windows Update issues?: Hello guys,I am facing a bug with Windows Update starting a few days ago. Earlier, when I used to check updates for Windows, there is always a Microsoft Defender update and that too, at least thrice a day. But a few days ago, they have stopped coming. This seemed unusual so I...
  7. How do I resolve Windows Update issues?

How do I resolve Windows Update issues?: Hello guys,I am facing a bug with Windows Update starting a few days ago. Earlier, when I used to check updates for Windows, there is always a Microsoft Defender update and that too, at least thrice a day. But a few days ago, they have stopped coming. This seemed unusual so I...
  8. How do I even explain this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I even explain this: I got windows on my pre built pc and put in the activation code and windows came up successfully. But it’s still saying I need to activate windows with an activation key that I already out in. When I entered the key again, it said it was wasn’t able to activate because of...
  9. How do i resolve activation issue?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i resolve activation issue?: I recently changed my BIOS settings and Windows now says it isnt activated due to device change. Troubleshooter just says buy new copy. Issue is i had to phone MS support about a year ago as the upgrade from 7 to 10 went wrong and although i forgot the exact issue,...
  10. Can anyone explain how I resolve a 0x80860010 message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can anyone explain how I resolve a 0x80860010 message: I am unable to save anything to my one drive as an error message keeps pinging up 0x80860010 Does anyone have a simple solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-explain-how-i-resolve-a-0x80860010/a6beb458-29b4-40fa-bb21-0cc3e54ef252"