Windows 10: Windows 10 local account switched to microsoft account and to my sons

Discus and support Windows 10 local account switched to microsoft account and to my sons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not sure how this happened, but my windows 10 pc with a local account only is now showing as a micorsoft account I did not do this. Not only that but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarterJWilton, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 local account switched to microsoft account and to my sons

Not sure how this happened, but my windows 10 pc with a local account only is now showing as a micorsoft account I did not do this. Not only that but it is linked to my sons hotmail account. Even my Microsoft office account is now under his hotmail account.

Under settings, then accounts, my info: there is no option to signin with local profile

How do I:

1. Switch my windows 10 account back to a local account? FYI The password used is still the password of the local account and not my sons hotmail account.

2. Switch my office and windows licenses back to my own microsoft account?

FYI: This question is logged under my sons account because i could not sign in the my "Adult" account, kept saying is was not connected to the internet but of course i was or i could not have been on this site.

Thanks

Dave

:)

CarterJWilton, Feb 27, 2020

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 local account switched to microsoft account and to my sons :(

Zakin, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 local account switched to microsoft account and to my sons

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Windows 10 local account switched to microsoft account and to my sons

1. Windows 10 local account switched to microsoft account and to my sons - Similar Threads - local account switched

2. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  3. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  4. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account: Currently my local account is associated with my mum's Microsoft account since she bought this laptop quite a while ago. But now I'm the one fully using the laptop and I want to switch the Microsoft account to my Microsoft account since I already have one. Is there anyway I...
  6. Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account No...

Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account No...: Hi, I have windows 10 installed and used a local admin account. I recently add my son who's 10 years old on to my account. For some reason, now my local admin account is now associated with my son's microsoft account. So, all of my local files and the users folder is...
  7. Switch local to microsoft account on windows

Switch local to microsoft account on windows: i'm trying to switch my windows local account to my Microsoft account but after i go to setting>accounts>your_info>sign in with a Microsoft account instead and write down my user name and password i get a message that another user on this device using my Microsoft account...
  8. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  9. Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch Microsoft account to local account: Hi! I'm having trouble with changing my account from Microsoft account to local account. When I change it, Windows says: "We are sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to local account. Code: 0x80070057" Can anyone help me plz? I'm tired...
  10. Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10: How to: Switch to Local Account in Windows 10 How to Switch to a Local Account from a Microsoft Account in Windows 10 You can sign in to Windows 10 with a local account or a Microsoft account. However, you can easily switch between using a local account or a Microsoft...