Windows 10: Windows 10 locked computer due to help desk

Discus and support Windows 10 locked computer due to help desk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Two weeks ago Windows 10 downloaded onto my desktop without me asking. It could not be stopped. I went along with it and it appeared to work for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Testie, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Testie Win User

Windows 10 locked computer due to help desk

Two weeks ago Windows 10 downloaded onto my desktop without me asking. It could not be stopped. I went along with it and it appeared to work for a week. Next time I turned to computer on the home screen appeared after some time but there was no cursor on the screen. The key board also did not work. The Microsoft help desk after 21/2 hours and being hung up on three times had me start in "safe" mode which then left me with a black screen and a flashing dash on the lefthand top of the screen but unable to do anything else. Help desk during another phone call now tell me that windows10 will have to be downloaded and all my programs will be lost plus any unsaved data.
    Is there an answer, sick of Microsoft pushing their programs on me that has bugs that even they can not fix!*Sad

:)

Testie, Jul 20, 2016

2. Desk top locked. Scam?

My computer says it has been locked because my build of windows 10 expired today and my computer has been locked. I have to call a help desk number and it says do not restart my computer because there will be data loss. I am not computer savvy. Can anyone
    help? Is this a scam or really from windows 10?

aseldridge, Jul 20, 2016
  3. Computer is locked due to BitLocker on Windows 10.

Original Title: Locked out by Bitlocker

I never installed Bitlocker but on downloading a RAR app I did give permission to Microsoft access to my laptop management, maybe it was a backdoor installation?

Now I had a Bitlocker blue screen pop up, which was a surprise, it asked for a recovery key which of course I never had, so as per the advice on screen I retrieved the key from another device.

I inserted the key but it didn't unlock, instead the laptop ran a 'diagnosing the problem'. Which it failed to do, and this lead me to options of skipping drive, which it failed to do, and also a number of other options, none of which worked, I resorted
    to trying to reset to factory settings which it failed to do. "unable to reset".

i can access command prompt, so my long winded and hopeful question is can someone give some code for command prompt that would over rid Bitlocker and reset to factory setting?

Please.

RichardCassar, Jul 20, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

To the best of your knowledge, exactly where is this computer in the process of attempting to convert from Windows 7 to Windows 10? Did you make any Windows 7 rescue/repair usb sticks or DVDs before this W7-to-W10 process began? Do you have any current OS and Data partition backups? Possible solutions depend upon what tools you have in your toolbox.

RolandJS, Jul 20, 2016
  5. Testie Win User
    As far as I know Windows 10 was fully installed. It worked for a week or so but took ages to load. I did not get a chance to do any backup as Windows just took over the pc and installed w10.

Testie, Jul 20, 2016
  6. Completion of the upgrade to Windows 10 requires intervention by the user. For one thing you have to agree to the EULA or the install will stop, and restore the original OS. You also had the option to do a roll back to Windows 7. You had the option to stop the upgrade, if you were paying attention to what was displayed on screen.

If you power up, then quickly power down by holding down the power button, 3 times in a row, startup repair should load and maybe bail you out. Another option is to download the Windows 10 install media and do a repair install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

alphanumeric, Jul 20, 2016
  7. Testie Win User
    How can I download anything if the mouse and keyboard will not respond? And after the tech support had me turn the power switch on and off quickly to go to "safe" mode nothing but a dash is on the screen and nothing changes that?

Testie, Jul 20, 2016
  8. Windows 10 locked computer due to help desk

Download it on another PC. And create your install media on that other PC. Then boot the problem PC from that install media.

alphanumeric, Jul 20, 2016
  9. Testie Win User
    Ok, if I can find another computer I will try that. Thanks for your patients with a very non computer person.

Testie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 locked computer due to help desk - Similar Threads - locked computer due

2. What is it help desk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is it help desk?: I just reset my computer and when i tried to download something it came up as virus found. even when i tried to download google chrome it said it. i tried to turn off voraus and threat protection but when i went onto it it can up with a pop up and said "Your It administrator...
  3. What is it help desk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is it help desk?: I just reset my computer and when i tried to download something it came up as virus found. even when i tried to download google chrome it said it. i tried to turn off voraus and threat protection but when i went onto it it can up with a pop up and said "Your It administrator...
  4. How to unlock a window 10 desk top computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to unlock a window 10 desk top computer?: My computer has a pin sign in disable. I have try the two hr option it gives all the trouble shooting process and still can get in. What other options do I have before running to some type of tech that can help me?...
  5. How to unlock a window 10 desk top computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock a window 10 desk top computer?: My computer has a pin sign in disable. I have try the two hr option it gives all the trouble shooting process and still can get in. What other options do I have before running to some type of tech that can help me?...
  6. Locked Computer due to security threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked Computer due to security threat: I was just on a random site, and I got this message saying "Important security message: Your computer has been locked. Your IP address was used without your knowledge for consent to visit website that contains identity theft virus. To unlock your computer, call support...
  7. Windows 10 desk top computer start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desk top computer start: always turn my desktop off when I am finished using it. Lately, at times when the window appears and the small dots rotate below the window, the window disappears and the dots may continue to rotate or just stop rotating. The system then appears to be in a loop and does...
  8. Windows help desk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows help desk: I have a problem and windows help desk tec support says they will fix computer for 349.00. Also stated that asknet longrun would collect my money https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-help-desk/94f1b397-dbfb-4447-9da3-b0cbb9c1f46b
  9. where is IT help desk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where is IT help desk: When I use windows Defender It comes back with YOUR IT ADMINISTRATOR HAS LIMITED ACCESS TO SOME AREAS OF THIS APP AND THE ITEM YOU TRIED TO ACCESS IS NOT AVAILABLE. CONTACT IT HELP DESK FOR MORE INFORMATION...
  10. Computer Ventilation and Desk

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Ventilation and Desk: On Saturday, I am getting an Antique Roll Top Desk for my Computer Room. I will be taking the old desk and will be putting it in my room, since I need more desk space. As you all know, a Roll Top Desk has a top that opens and closes. If I put my tower and monitor on this...