Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail & POP3

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail & POP3 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I’ve been reading this thread https://www.howtogeek.com/226010/how...in-windows-10/ but i need to be able to set it to remove mail from the server -... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by smarta, Nov 1, 2018.

1. smarta Win User

Windows 10 Mail & POP3

I’ve been reading this thread
    https://www.howtogeek.com/226010/how...in-windows-10/

but i need to be able to set it to remove mail from the server - this setting has always been an option with PO3 accounts -

but in Mail Version 16005.10827.20186.0 - in Account Settings - the change Sync Settings is greyed out (this is where I assume the setting to remove mail would be

any tips??

:)

smarta, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

windows 10 MAIL

Windows 10 Mail & POP3 [​IMG]
    Note Please notice: This is how it should work, in theory. However I have not tested this method and post this only as a non-tested idea.

When you sign in to Windows with an MS account and you have set that account up in the Mail app, you cannot delete the account. You can delete all other mail accounts in Mail app but not the first, initial account when signing in with an MS account.

In theory, this workaround should work and achieve what you want to, remove the IMAP account and set it up as a POP3 account:
    1. Enable POP3 for your Outlook.com / Hotmail.com email account, link in Cliff's post
    2. If you have set up the Two Step Verification for your Outlook.com / Hotmail.com account you need to set up an app password for that account account at https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage:

Windows 10 Mail & POP3 [​IMG]
    3. Switch to a local account (tutorial)
    4. Delete the IMAP account from the Mail app (tutorial, Option Two). When signed in to Windows with a local account you can delete even the initial mail account from Mail app, something not allowed when signed in with an MS account
    5. Set up your account as POP3 account (tutorial, Option One Step 13). Notice that if you have set up the Two Step Verification you need to use the app password set up in step 2 above instead of your real Outlook.com / Hotmail.com password; your Outlook.com / Hotmail.com password will still be what it is, it remains the same, but Windows Mail app cannot use that password if the Outlook.com / Hotmail.com account is set up as POP3 account and it is using the Two Step Verification. In that case it needs the so called app password
    6. Switch back to MS account (tutorial)

That's it. From this Microsoft help page you can find the required POP3 and SMTP servers: Set up an email app with Outlook.com - Outlook.com Help

Kari, Nov 1, 2018
  3. slozomby Win User
    So now there's no way to get a @live account to work with Windows Live Mail now?

you should be able to manually configure pop3/imap for it. the windows 10 mail app defaults to activesync which is what Microsoft wants for all their mail connectors.
    Outlook help - Office Support

slozomby, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Mail & POP3

Can't sync POP3 account in Windows 10 Mail app

Hi Rishad,

Thank you for your reply.

• The POP3 account is a private company domain account.
    • I am currently using this POP3 account on Windows Live Mail 2012. I just tested it and it is working.

Thanks again. Cheers.

ganwilliam, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail & POP3

1. Windows 10 Mail & POP3 - Similar Threads - Mail POP3

2. POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app: I have a new Windows 11 Laptop and am unable to add a legacy email account to the Mail App using exactly the same settings as used in the Windows 10 Mail App.Email account is from a still supported legacy ISP: virgin.netCurrent ISP: btinternet.comProfile being used is a local...
  3. POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app: I have a new Windows 11 Laptop and am unable to add a legacy email account to the Mail App using exactly the same settings as used in the Windows 10 Mail App.Email account is from a still supported legacy ISP: virgin.netCurrent ISP: btinternet.comProfile being used is a local...
  4. Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail: I am using Windows Live Mail to access a POP3 account from my internet provider. All of a sudden it stopped working. I haven't changed anything. Somehow, I managed to get the receiving mail service working again, but am unable to send mail from within Windows Live Mail. Can...
  5. Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail

Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail: I am using Windows Live Mail to access a POP3 account from my internet provider. All of a sudden it stopped working. I haven't changed anything. Somehow, I managed to get the receiving mail service working again, but am unable to send mail from within Windows Live Mail. Can...
  6. Windows 10 Mail APP how to set up an account as POP3 so emails are not deleted off server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail APP how to set up an account as POP3 so emails are not deleted off server: HelloI have Outlook on my PC, Also use the Native Mail app on my iPad for my POP3 mail account. I recently purchased a Laptop and decided to use the Windows 10 Mail APP instead of purchasing a separate Outlook application. What I didn't realize that this APP will DELETE...
  7. Windows 10 Mail APP how to set up an account as POP3 so emails are not deleted off server

Windows 10 Mail APP how to set up an account as POP3 so emails are not deleted off server: HelloI have Outlook on my PC, Also use the Native Mail app on my iPad for my POP3 mail account. I recently purchased a Laptop and decided to use the Windows 10 Mail APP instead of purchasing a separate Outlook application. What I didn't realize that this APP will DELETE...
  8. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  9. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  10. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 email pop3

2. windows 10 set pop3 mail server

3. microsoft mail version 16005.10827.20186.0

4. windows 10 mail sync pop