Windows 10: windows 10 MAIL

Discus and support windows 10 MAIL in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Incoming and outgoing e‑mail servers Once you know the type of e‑mail server used by each of your e‑mail accounts, you must find out the address of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by arthos, Jan 11, 2016.

1. arthos Win User

windows 10 MAIL

Incoming and outgoing e‑mail servers

Once you know the type of e‑mail server used by each of your e‑mail accounts, you must find out the address of its incoming and outgoing e‑mail servers. During the setup process, Windows Mail requires you to enter the address of each e‑mail server. There are only two types of incoming servers to choose from: POP3 or IMAP.
    I did as you said,in my outlook mail,..... but see above,it appears I still need to set up in MAIL as well? and windows mail will not let you alter or delete the account.

arthos, Jan 11, 2016
  2. Kari Win User

windows 10 MAIL [​IMG]
    Note Please notice: This is how it should work, in theory. However I have not tested this method and post this only as a non-tested idea.

When you sign in to Windows with an MS account and you have set that account up in the Mail app, you cannot delete the account. You can delete all other mail accounts in Mail app but not the first, initial account when signing in with an MS account.

In theory, this workaround should work and achieve what you want to, remove the IMAP account and set it up as a POP3 account:
    • Enable POP3 for your Outlook.com / Hotmail.com email account, link in Cliff's post
    • If you have set up the Two Step Verification for your Outlook.com / Hotmail.com account you need to set up an app password for that account account at https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage:

windows 10 MAIL [​IMG]
    • Switch to a local account (tutorial)
    • Delete the IMAP account from the Mail app (tutorial, Option Two). When signed in to Windows with a local account you can delete even the initial mail account from Mail app, something not allowed when signed in with an MS account
    • Set up your account as POP3 account (tutorial, Option One Step 13). Notice that if you have set up the Two Step Verification you need to use the app password set up in step 2 above instead of your real Outlook.com / Hotmail.com password; your Outlook.com / Hotmail.com password will still be what it is, it remains the same, but Windows Mail app cannot use that password if the Outlook.com / Hotmail.com account is set up as POP3 account and it is using the Two Step Verification. In that case it needs the so called app password
    • Switch back to MS account (tutorial)

That's it. From this Microsoft help page you can find the required POP3 and SMTP servers: Set up an email app with Outlook.com - Outlook.com Help

3. Kari Win User
    I have now tested the method told in my post above, it works exactly as I described. Simply follow the 6 steps I told and your IMAP account will be changed to POP3.

4. arthos Win User

windows 10 MAIL

thanks kari ill have a go
    regards

arthos, Jan 12, 2016
  5. arthos Win User
    I started all this to use spamfighter,now they tell me it wont work on windows 10....
    thanks for all your help anyway
    regards

arthos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 MAIL

1. windows 10 MAIL - Similar Threads - MAIL

2. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Yahoo Sign Mail Problem: Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. Please try signing in from the device you use most often.Start overthis message happen during signing in my Yahoo maili tried several browseralso i used same pcand tried with new pcplz help...
  3. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo Sign Mail Problem: Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. Please try signing in from the device you use most often.Start overthis message happen during signing in my Yahoo maili tried several browseralso i used same pcand tried with new pcplz help...
  4. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?: Wenn ich mich bei meinem primären Microsoft Konto anmelden möchte wird mir angezeigt, dass kein Konto mit meiner E-Mail existiert, wenn ich jedoch ein neues Konto mit der gleichen E-Mail erstellen wollen würde werde ich darauf hingewiesen, dass bereits ein Konto mit dieser...
  6. Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?: Wenn ich mich bei meinem primären Microsoft Konto anmelden möchte wird mir angezeigt, dass kein Konto mit meiner E-Mail existiert, wenn ich jedoch ein neues Konto mit der gleichen E-Mail erstellen wollen würde werde ich darauf hingewiesen, dass bereits ein Konto mit dieser...
  7. Warum akzeptiert Microsoft meine E-Mail Adresse nicht?

8. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Live Mail is out of date and not supported by Microsoft, but I still use it and have for a long time, and want to continue to use it. But just yesterday I can no longer sign in to either of my email addresses because they won't accept my password. I have...
  9. Windows Live Mail

Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Live Mail is out of date and not supported by Microsoft, but I still use it and have for a long time, and want to continue to use it. But just yesterday I can no longer sign in to either of my email addresses because they won't accept my password. I have...
  10. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization