Windows 10: Windows 10 Mobile Bitlocker Recovery Key Blue Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Mobile Bitlocker Recovery Key Blue Screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A couple of weeks ago I posed a question HERE regarding how to tell whether Windows 10 Mobile device storage was actually encrypted and if so where... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ARC1020, Jan 17, 2016.

1. ARC1020 Win User

Windows 10 Mobile Bitlocker Recovery Key Blue Screen

A couple of weeks ago I posed a question HERE regarding how to tell whether Windows 10 Mobile device storage was actually encrypted and if so where were the recovery keys stored. The good news, is that the device storage is indeed encrypted when turning 'Device Encryption' on. The bad news is that I still don't know where the recovery keys are stored and it can permanently lock you out of your device.

Earlier I reset a Lumia 630 running Windows 10 Mobile 10586.36 (Settings > System > About > Reset Phone) and when it restarted I was faced with a blue Bitlocker Recovery Key screen. The problem being, that it's a Desktop Bitlocker Recovery screen and as this is a mobile device it's completely useless as you can't do anything with it, it just locks you out of the device. Hard-resetting the phone (Volume Down and Power buttons) doesn't work either, it just reboots the device to the Bitlocker screen again.

Windows 10 Mobile Bitlocker Recovery Key Blue Screen [​IMG]

All is not lost though, as it's possible to Flash the phone back to the original OS by running the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool'. When connecting the phone to the PC and running the Device Recovery Tool, the tool doesn't recognise the device though with it in it's Bitlocker Recovery state and just shows the Firmware and OS as 'Unknown'. So you then need to click on the 'My Device Was Not Detected' button and follow the on-screen prompts. After a few restarts, it will then flash the phone back to the original Windows 8 OS. Bit of a pain, but at least not totally bricked.

Windows 10 Mobile Bitlocker Recovery Key Blue Screen [​IMG]

I'm not sure why resetting the phone triggered the Bitlocker Recovery Screen, as I've also reset a Lumia 640 and that didn't trigger the Recovery Mode. The only differences is that I'd unlocked the 630 from it's mobile carrier and also it didn't have a SIM card or internet connection when I reset it. Other that than they were identical, so rather strange.

:)

ARC1020, Jan 17, 2016

2. Bitlocker Recovery Password Issue in Windows 10 Mobile

I am having hard time with blue screen of "Bitlocker recovery key" issue in windows 10 mobiles.

There is no way to escape out of this blue screen, rebooting and using Recovery tool doesn't help either.

I tried contacting Microsoft support person 4 times but they were of no help. More details about this issue

can be found in the link -
    http://www.jayway.com/2015/12/11/recovering-from-bitlocker-bluescreen-on-windows-10-mobile/

If anyone knows how to resolve this please post your valuable suggestion.

Regards,

Rani

Rani Singh, Jan 17, 2016
  3. KayBrower Win User
    bitlocker

is bitlocker used with windows 10? I have the blue screen, bitlocker heading, am locked out, request for recovery key, am told by microsoft that I have no recovery keys for bitlocker on my computer....Key I D is FDCA775D; drive label is KAYBOT;

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

KayBrower, Jan 17, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

It seems Microsoft may have fixed this issue in Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.107

ARC1020, Feb 9, 2016
  5. Vump Win User
    Hi. Can i get your mail,skype etc. for faster com? I have problem with Bitlocker on my lumia and i cant fix it with your manual... Please Im very sad of it... Help me *Sad I will be really greatfull. When I try to install downloaded OS it will restart my phone and installation will failed *Sad

Vump, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mobile Bitlocker Recovery Key Blue Screen - Similar Threads - Mobile Bitlocker Recovery

2. Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen: I recently changed motherboard, case, cpu cooler and case fans from my hp omen 25l and upon the first boot, it is stuck in the blue screen asking for bitlocker recovery key. When i go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey it says “You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your...
  3. Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen: I recently changed motherboard, case, cpu cooler and case fans from my hp omen 25l and upon the first boot, it is stuck in the blue screen asking for bitlocker recovery key. When i go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey it says “You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your...
  4. Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen

Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen: My laptop isn’t hacked but has some problem so I reset it. When my lap in the Microsoft reset screen, one screen requires Bitlocker recovery so I requested for Bitlocker and it worked on that screen. After that, it moves to the blue screen and also requires Bitlocker...
  5. Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery not work in blue screen: My laptop isn’t hacked but has some problem so I reset it. When my lap in the Microsoft reset screen, one screen requires Bitlocker recovery so I requested for Bitlocker and it worked on that screen. After that, it moves to the blue screen and also requires Bitlocker...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: We have turned our laptop on today and it is asking for the Bitlocker recovery key, we do not have this recovery key and we have checked our Microsoft account, after checking on the internet it seems there is no way to get past this screen without the relevant key, as this is...
  7. BitLocker recovery keys for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker recovery keys for Windows 10: Dear all I seemed to have performed some diagnostics on my Inspiron laptop and the next thing was this nag of a BitLocker recovery keys. The laptop came preinstalled with the Windows and I knew about backup of the keys. Device Tag: 6DD33P2 Will appreciate your help....
  8. Bitlocker key or recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...
  9. windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key: i got a dell laptop, and while it got problem on thrn on, i sent it to repair. after i get it back, i tried to open it but i was asked a BitLocker key or a BitLocker recovery key which i have got no idea about and i have never set anything like this. i am having no idea about...
  10. Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker Blue Screen no recovery key: Bitlocker Blue Screen asks me fo Recovery Key I dont have one and logging into microsoft account does not work. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-blue-screen-no-recovery-key/50221188-7dfa-412c-a3dd-b5eafbdf7f5c
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mobile bitlocker key