Windows 10: Windows 10 - Mouse clicking and opening applications in the taskbar on its own

Discus and support Windows 10 - Mouse clicking and opening applications in the taskbar on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My mouse clicks down on applications pinned in the taskbar or either that are there because the application is open. Before I know it, it has taken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AngelaSimmons, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Mouse clicking and opening applications in the taskbar on its own

My mouse clicks down on applications pinned in the taskbar or either that are there because the application is open. Before I know it, it has taken over my computer and opened several windows. I can only stop it by trying to quickly close everything, which is difficult, or just do a hard shutdown, pressing the power button.

I have had WINDOWS 10 reinstalled, but the problem has returned.

:)

AngelaSimmons, May 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
  3. How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

@Triliuner I'm sorry to hear it's not as simple as that.

When you have multiple windows opened from a single application e.g. 2 separate windows from Chrome, do they show up as previews when you hover over Chrome's icon in the taskbar, or as a list? Just asking to clarify that, they are at least showing as previews. If not, this should help: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

As for the different windows not showing when you hover your mouse over a preview, maybe it has something to do with the delay, see here: Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials (restoring the default value)

I hope that helps, if not, maybe others can suggest some other things to try..

TheDeerDude, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Mouse clicking and opening applications in the taskbar on its own

mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Mouse clicking and opening applications in the taskbar on its own

1. Windows 10 - Mouse clicking and opening applications in the taskbar on its own - Similar Threads - Mouse clicking opening

2. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse moving on its own: Hello everyone. So my mouse is moving on its own and at first i thought it was the mouse itself or my mousepad but have concluded that they aren't the problem because normally when i turn on my pc it'll be fine and the mouse works like normal but sometimes out of nowhere it...
  3. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse moving on its own: Hello everyone. So my mouse is moving on its own and at first i thought it was the mouse itself or my mousepad but have concluded that they aren't the problem because normally when i turn on my pc it'll be fine and the mouse works like normal but sometimes out of nowhere it...
  4. Windows 10 has an after hours party and opens applications on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has an after hours party and opens applications on its own: Lenovo Yoga 9i 14ITL5Windows 10 Version 21H1Win Features Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0Over the past 2 weeks my Windows 10 install has gone from stable to possessed. The first issue is a random system freeze. I got annoyed lazy and did a windows recovery and reset the pc and...
  5. Windows 10 has an after hours party and opens applications on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 has an after hours party and opens applications on its own: Lenovo Yoga 9i 14ITL5Windows 10 Version 21H1Win Features Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0Over the past 2 weeks my Windows 10 install has gone from stable to possessed. The first issue is a random system freeze. I got annoyed lazy and did a windows recovery and reset the pc and...
  6. Windows 10 has an after hours party and opens applications on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. mouse clicks right on its own sometimes

mouse clicks right on its own sometimes: The mouse clicks on right by itself sometimes ------- need a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-clicks-right-on-its-own-sometimes/547e9f30-b865-447e-80ab-0c42e5b8ae29
  8. Win 10 registering mouse clicks on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 registering mouse clicks on its own: I recently downloaded update 1909 on my Asus laptop and began noticing issues with the mouse afterwards both the touchpad and a USB mouse. The issues have gotten progressively worse over time. First noticeable issue was when I was browsing webpages I noticed that...
  9. Cursor moving and clicking on its own on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor moving and clicking on its own on Windows 10: For a few weeks now, I have been noticing that my cursor seems to move against me when I am browsing. Yesterday, I went to check on something, and when I returned the cursor was randomly clicking and opening files. I looked up solutions and followed all of the advice, such as...
  10. Mouse moving on its own

Mouse moving on its own: I was looking on chrome for Minecraft skins and then out of no where my mouse stopped working properly, This started after an update icon appeared on my tray at the bottom right corner, It does not move when I lock the touch pad, It may be my computer but I have done nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 mouse is launching programms by itself