Windows 10: Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account No...

Discus and support Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account No... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have windows 10 installed and used a local admin account. I recently add my son who's 10 years old on to my account. For some reason, now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Furious Kraken, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account No...

Hi,

I have windows 10 installed and used a local admin account. I recently add my son who's 10 years old on to my account. For some reason, now my local admin account is now associated with my son's microsoft account.

So, all of my local files and the users folder is under my name, but everything is now associated and reported agasint my son's microsoft account. There's no option under "Email & Accounts" now to sign in again with a local account. Worst is that all of the restrictions is now being applied on my local admin account. Furthermore, whatever i do on my local machine is now being tracked as my son's activity. In short, my 10 year old son's limited account credentials got merged with the administrator login and no option to remove or change settings.

This issue has been reported since 2018 and i am creating this problem on 28th April, 2020 and the issue still hasn't been fixed.

My local admin account has now automatically become a microsoft account associated with my son's microsoft account!!! Only way to fix this is to backup all my local files and re-install the whole windows 10 OS. Am hoping there's a workaround solution to this.

:)

Furious Kraken, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account  No... :(

Zakin, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account No...

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account  No... [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account No...

1. Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account No... - Similar Threads - local admin account

2. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  3. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  4. Change Microsoft Account linked to my local account - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Account linked to my local account - Windows 10: Issue:I have a microsoft account linked to my local account on my windows 10 computer. I don't remember the password. I've tried resetting it where MS reviews information I've submitted to verify it's me. They say they can't verify my ID so I want to link my local ID with a...
  5. Windows changed my admin Microsoft not local account to my protected minor son's account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows changed my admin Microsoft not local account to my protected minor son's account.: This is by far the worst system fault I have ever experienced with windows. It's just unbelievable. I used to have my admin account, set up with a microsoft account, and once I needed to access microsoft website, not even a native app, with my sons account, and suddenly my...
  6. My son's child account was linked to my Windows login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My son's child account was linked to my Windows login: Ever since I updated to 1909, my son's child account is linked to my local administrator account. It now has time restrictions, etc. How do I make his account unassociated and re-associate my windows account? submitted by /u/Nschulz91 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 local account switched to microsoft account and to my sons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 local account switched to microsoft account and to my sons: Not sure how this happened, but my windows 10 pc with a local account only is now showing as a micorsoft account I did not do this. Not only that but it is linked to my sons hotmail account. Even my Microsoft office account is now under his hotmail account. Under settings,...
  8. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin: Microsoft edge shows a different email how can I change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-wrong-microsoft-account-linked-to-local/bfcc5af7-1dfa-44c8-b84a-535c4ea26ff0
  9. Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hello, after a Windows Reset i got a message: "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps" So i deleted and ulinked my Microsoft Account and converted my User as Local User and not a Microsoft Account user. The problem...
  10. Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account: Hi all, When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing. Click, click, click. Similarly, when I try to log in the Windows store app, I get an application error with cryptic codes...