Windows 10: Windows 10 Only 1 Power Option

Discus and support Windows 10 Only 1 Power Option in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All, I have just completed a re-install of Windows 10 64bit Pro, I wanted to have my Power Option (laptop) set to High Performance but I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TheLiger, Oct 21, 2017.

1. TheLiger Win User

Windows 10 Only 1 Power Option

Hi All,

I have just completed a re-install of Windows 10 64bit Pro, I wanted to have my Power Option (laptop) set to High Performance but I only have Balanced there? Any idea how I get the standard Windows options back?

I have tried going through the Power troubleshooter but it makes no difference?

Thanks

:)

TheLiger, Oct 21, 2017

2. Screen Saver not working after Windows 10 upgrade (virtual without any disk)

I downloaded Windows 10 - upgraded seems to work but screen saver and power management do not.

Screen stays the same for hours. My only option to-date is to power off my screen. I have an All-in-1 unit.

Simple to power off but I am disappointed by Win 10 ...............no screen saver ?

Thanks for the advice !

DaveChambers12, Oct 21, 2017
  3. EW20 Win User
    Only 1 default power plan? - Windows 10

That suggestion isn't going to work for you, all it's going to do is likely show you a single power plan in command prompt instead of control panel.

If you are still having trouble, try this Denny:

Open the registry editor. If you don't know how, open search/Cortana and type regedit

Using the folders on the left hand side, navigate to the following folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power

on the right, one of the keys near the top should be called CsEnabled. Click on this.

Change the value of this key from 1 to 0.

After you reboot you should have your power plans back. Hope this helps!

4. dmholt57 Win User

Look on the right side of the page in power settings, select Additional Power settings.

dmholt57, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  6. TheLiger Win User
    TheLiger, Oct 21, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  8. TheLiger Win User

All sorted Brink, created a new option using the 'High Performance' as the base level. Hopefully thats sorted me.

Thanks again.

TheLiger, Oct 21, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    The full extent of this change rather passed me by. Out of interest, has anybody ever got any significant performance improvement using high perrformance plan?

cereberus, Oct 21, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'd say this is more for limiting resources to save battery power. "High Performance" will just have all resources available if needed.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Only 1 Power Option - Similar Threads - Power Option

2. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  3. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  4. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no power mode option in power setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no power mode option in power setting: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to 11. Then, I went to the power settings in Windows 11. At first, I saw an option to change to the High Performance power plan. I switched it to Balanced, but then when I went back to the power settings, the power mode option was completely...
  6. no power mode option in power setting

no power mode option in power setting: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to 11. Then, I went to the power settings in Windows 11. At first, I saw an option to change to the High Performance power plan. I switched it to Balanced, but then when I went back to the power settings, the power mode option was completely...
  7. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  8. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  9. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options

Windows 11 on an Dell Laptop Ignoring Power Options: After performing a fresh install to Windows 11, updating drivers and completing all Windows updates. When the System > Power & Battery > Screen and Sleep settings are modified for both battery power and plugged in settings to 3 hours before the "turn off my screen" event...