Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have a issue at a laptop from a neighbour he has logged in with a old Hotmail adres instead of his local account. Now the option settings -... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cauberghe Didier, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible

Hello,

I have a issue at a laptop from a neighbour he has logged in with a old Hotmail adres instead of his local account.

Now the option settings - accounts --> to go back to the local account is not there. the only option is manage Microsoft account.

The second problem when i log in on the microsoft account webbased there i have seen that the birth date is set not correct it is set to 31 december 2009 so the account is set as Child maybe this is also the reason that the option to go back to local account is not available because the system thinks it is a child that want to change settings.

In the Microsoft account web based i have clicked on change Birthday at that moment the system is sending a security code to a second email adres and when i enter the security code it is possible to edit some details on the Microsoft account but not possible to change the Birthday and this was the option i have selected before 'Change Birthday'

Is there a solution so i can change the Birthday or force the Windows 10 back to the local account instead of the Microsoft account.

Thanks

Best regards

Didier

:)

Cauberghe Didier, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible :(

Zakin, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Mindweaver, Dec 13, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible

1. Windows 10 Pro option to go from Microsoft account to Local account not visible - Similar Threads - Pro option Microsoft

2. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  3. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  4. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Local account won't go to Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account won't go to Microsoft account.: [ATTACH] When I try to change that pops up and I have no other account. I also removed any sign-ins. If you can help me thank you. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-wont-go-to-microsoft-account/8501aa0e-94b7-467f-a011-0dfbfd24256d
  6. Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account

Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hi, When i first start up my new laptop, I used Microsoft Account to sign in and install all the program and apps including Microsoft Office. Now if I would like to change to Local Account, are the program and apps will remain the same or I will still need to install again?...
  7. Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account vs. Local Account on Windows 10 Pro.: Hi all! I have a personal laptop (Thinkpad X1 Carbon) that I used to remote into my work computer while at home. I work from home one day a week, and sometimes on weekends, etc. Ironically I actually work on computers for a living, except that I do data analytics and do not...
  8. Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account

Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account: I have been using my computer without a linked Microsoft account on the main local account (this one has different settings compared to any other accounts I create) and I recently signed into a Microsoft app (specifically the Xbox app) to be able to use the game bar. This...
  9. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  10. Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...

Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with...: Going from a microsoft account to a local account, error message; there is a problem with your microsoft account. Most likely your password has changed, select here to fix it in shared experiences settings. Every time I start the device on a local account now this message...