Windows 10: Windows 10 Search shows blank box issue has been resolved

Discus and support Windows 10 Search shows blank box issue has been resolved in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We are aware of a temporary server-side issue causing Windows search to show a blank box. This issue has been resolved for most users and in some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Search shows blank box issue has been resolved

We are aware of a temporary server-side issue causing Windows search to show a blank box. This issue has been resolved for most users and in some cases, you might need to restart your device (possibly twice). We are working diligently to fully resolve the issue and will provide an update once resolved.

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...age-center#387

If you are still having this issue and don't want to wait, you can use step 3 below to "Turn Off Search online and include web results from Bing" as a workaround to fix the broken blank search in Windows 10.

Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10

Windows 10 Search shows blank box issue has been resolved [​IMG]

:)

Brink, Feb 6, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Feb 6, 2020
  4. JohnHeinz Win User

Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Search shows blank box issue has been resolved - Similar Threads - Search shows blank

2. The issue has been resolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The issue has been resolved: 123ывфвв https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-issue-has-been-resolved/3bc42a0f-75df-4786-8c86-ccff33aefe33
  3. The issue has been resolved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The issue has been resolved: 123ывфвв https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-issue-has-been-resolved/3bc42a0f-75df-4786-8c86-ccff33aefe33
  4. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working: Yesterday my computer suddently couldn't load into Windows for some reason, despite me do nothing but I eventually got it back to boot with a USB Stick and some commands. However, now I am noticing that everything seems to be working but the Windows Search just shows a blank...
  5. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working: Yesterday my computer suddently couldn't load into Windows for some reason, despite me do nothing but I eventually got it back to boot with a USB Stick and some commands. However, now I am noticing that everything seems to be working but the Windows Search just shows a blank...
  6. Windows Search Bar is showing a blank box/ not working

in Cortana
  7. windows 11 search box has been disabled

windows 11 search box has been disabled: hi my its been a while my windows 11 search box has been disabled...i cnt search any thing .... i cnt type any thing into the box...i searched u tube ... and tried 4 or 5 waysto fix it.... cmd...tax manager...updating windows... and ... but non of them worked...and prblm...
  8. windows 11 search box has been disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 search box has been disabled: hi my its been a while my windows 11 search box has been disabled...i cnt search any thing .... i cnt type any thing into the box...i searched u tube ... and tried 4 or 5 waysto fix it.... cmd...tax manager...updating windows... and ... but non of them worked...and prblm...
  9. Has the Windows 10 2004 Defrag/Trim issue been resolved yet?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Has the Windows 10 2004 Defrag/Trim issue been resolved yet?: Hi. I purchased an HP Desktop with an SSD drive (1st SSD drive I've had. I haven't set it up yet as I want to use it as a replacement if my current Desktop fails (it's very healthy right now). I got a good buy on the new pc which had very good reviews so I went for it. (I...
  10. Search box blank

in Cortana
    Search box blank: If I type in the 'type here to search' box it brings up a black box. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-blank/387cc735-d0c7-4630-9286-d7747364539d"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i search something in win 10 search column it shows black blank box

2. windows 10 search box is blank 2020