Windows 10: Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809

Discus and support Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I updated my Windows 10 to version 1809 using the upgrade tool thingy from the microsoft website. Everything went fine, everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nurlennart, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809

Hello,

yesterday I updated my Windows 10 to version 1809 using the upgrade tool thingy from the microsoft website.

Everything went fine, everything works fine (I thought) and deleted the old windows restore point thing because I like my free storage.

So after using version 1809 for a few hours I decided to open the settings because I wanted to change something, then I realized that they won't open.

When I click on the settings symbol the settings window pops open and closes immediately.

Things I already tried:

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • complete reinstall of windows 10 while keeping files and apps
    • renaming the ImmersiveControlPanel folder and getting a new one by using DISM

The event viewer shows that the error is caused due to a dll named Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

full error (it's in german, hope that's not a problem):

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: SystemSettings.exe, Version: 10.0.17763.1, Zeitstempel: 0x9d9d9332
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, Version: 10.0.17763.1, Zeitstempel: 0xa69151fc
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc000027b
    Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000707c32
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1d7c
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d45cabd3937ad0
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
    Berichtskennung: 44d088eb-e648-499d-a4c2-55d49a14611d
    Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I don't know if thats important but my systems specs are:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400
    • GPU: AMD R9 380
    • 8GB DDR4 RAM (@2133MHz)
    • 120GB Samsung SSD

Hope you guys can help me, never had such a problem before. I'm pretty tech savy, so I get most of the problems fixed myself, but I'm totally stuck this time.

:)

nurlennart, Oct 5, 2018
    1 person likes this.

2. Get Windows 10 App won´t launch

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me. Finally after a lot of manual updates, my Get Windows 10 app is showing in the taskbar.

However, now when I left click it, right click Get Windows 10, right click Check your Update status, the app launches and immediately closes down again.

The options Go to Windows Update and Get to know Windows 10 do work.

Just the app won´t launch. Anyone ideas?

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64-bit operating system

JorisKurstjens, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Oct 5, 2018
  4. tops Win User

Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Oct 5, 2018
  5. lprot New Member
    I updated to 1809 yesterday and have exactly the same problem Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809 :(

lprot, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809

1. Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809 - Similar Threads - settings won't launch

2. Windows 11 upgrade - start won't launch, settings won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade - start won't launch, settings won't launch: Upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 one week ago. Found that I had sound issues. I tried to check settings but they would not launch. Then noticed the window start menu would not work. Tried to downgrade using a Windows system image made one year ago when the pc was purchased....
  3. Windows 11 upgrade - start won't launch, settings won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade - start won't launch, settings won't launch: Upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 one week ago. Found that I had sound issues. I tried to check settings but they would not launch. Then noticed the window start menu would not work. Tried to downgrade using a Windows system image made one year ago when the pc was purchased....
  4. Setting app won't launch in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting app won't launch in Windows 10: I am working on a Acer laptop with Windows 10. I did a disk clean up and now the settings app won't open. When I got to the start menu and select it, it appears on the task bar but the window doesn't open. If I hover over the settings icon the settings page appears but when I...
  5. my setting won't launch on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my setting won't launch on windows 10: my settings will not open on windows 10 i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-setting-wont-launch-on-windows-10/50c3b95e-ab42-4307-8af4-fa03af59ff46
  6. Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809: Hello all, I work in IT at a small town bank and I have been experiencing a strange issue lately. We delay new updates for a period of time when they come out and make sure they will work before deploying them, so we are updating to 1809 now. The issue I am having is so far...
  7. Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Unable to Launch Applications After Updating to 1809: Hello all, I work in IT at a small town bank and I have been experiencing a strange issue lately. We delay new updates for a period of time when they come out and make sure they will work before deploying them, so we are updating to 1809 now. The issue I am having is so far...
  8. OneDrive won't launch after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive won't launch after latest Windows 10 update: As the Windows update 1809 was being installed a couple of weeks ago, the update stalled. I restarted my PC and then couldn’t boot. I was forced to reset my PC when it wouldn’t boot, and I chose the option to keep my files. I reinstalled software that had been deleted by the...
  9. Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809

Windows 10 settings won't launch after update to 1809: Hello, yesterday I updated my Windows 10 to version 1809 using the upgrade tool thingy from the microsoft website. Everything went fine, everything works fine (I thought) and deleted the old windows restore point thing because I like my free storage. So after using...
  10. Settings won't launch in Windows 10

Settings won't launch in Windows 10: Everytime I open Settings in Windows 10 it closes up immediately before I can make any adjustments (does not matter if I reboot). I reloaded a "Settings" from a response to another questions labelled "Settings won't launch or Microsoft Store opens" but I can't find it now....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer wont update to 1809

2. windows 10 1809 settings wont open

3. windows wont update to 1809

4. windows settings wont launch cumulative update,
  5. windows 10 1809 wont show user prompt,
  6. systemsettings.exe.manifest settings wont open,
  7. windows settings wont launch,
  8. i cant upgrade to 1809 update for windows and my new 1050 ti graphic wont work without it?,
  9. setting changed after update to 1809,
  10. chrome will not launch windows 1809,
  11. windows 10 1809 wont open certain programs,
  12. after 1809 update wifi wont work,
  13. computer wont find windows update 1809,
  14. onedrive wont open on windows 10 1809,
  15. windows 10 1809 reset settings