Windows 10: Windows 10 Signs out user when locking the screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Signs out user when locking the screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Several users have noticed that when they lock their computers, when they come back and unlock them, it's signing the user back in. It seems when... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by spookytay, Mar 29, 2019.

1. spookytay Win User

Windows 10 Signs out user when locking the screen

Several users have noticed that when they lock their computers, when they come back and unlock them, it's signing the user back in.

It seems when the user locks the screen the user also gets signed out of their pc account, when they return to unlock the screen, its like signing in all over again. All the previous apps that were open have been shutdown and any data being worked on is lost.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I've tried searching for it, but only come up with answers that don't even relate to this issue, or people providing an answer that isn't relevant.

Windows 10 Pro, 1803, build 17134.648

:)

spookytay, Mar 29, 2019
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 29, 2019
  4. kg415 Win User

Windows 10 "Lock" screen allows other users to sign on

The Windows 10 Start menu "Lock" button brings up the lock screen image, but clicking on this screen brings up the sign on screen, and a user other than the one that locked can then sign on. My recollection is that under Windows 7 and earlier versions,
    Lock allowed only the locking user to unlock the machine. Is Windows 10 "Lock" working properly on my machines? If not, how to fix; if so, is there an option to make Windows 10 "Lock" work like it did on earlier versions?

kg415, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Signs out user when locking the screen - Similar Threads - Signs user locking

2. No lock screen after Sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No lock screen after Sign out: Hi, I set the lock screen picture in Settings/Personalization/Lock screen -> Picture and it's visible only after doing Lock and Switch user from the Start menu. It's not working for the Sign out. There is black screen no background picture, also after starting the Windows it...
  3. No lock screen after Sign out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No lock screen after Sign out: Hi, I set the lock screen picture in Settings/Personalization/Lock screen -> Picture and it's visible only after doing Lock and Switch user from the Start menu. It's not working for the Sign out. There is black screen no background picture, also after starting the Windows it...
  4. Windows sign-in lock out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows sign-in lock out: Hey everyone, So, I recently cloned my laptops SSD 128gb to a new replacement one 500gb and alongside that I also performed a ram upgrade from 16gb 2 8gb ddr4 2400 to 32gb 2 16gb ddr4 2666. With the new SSD and ram installed I restarted my computer and now it's booting to the...
  5. Windows sign-in lock out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sign-in lock out: Hey everyone, So, I recently cloned my laptops SSD 128gb to a new replacement one 500gb and alongside that I also performed a ram upgrade from 16gb 2 8gb ddr4 2400 to 32gb 2 16gb ddr4 2666. With the new SSD and ram installed I restarted my computer and now it's booting to the...
  6. Windows sign-in lock out

7. Windows 10 sign in locked out

Windows 10 sign in locked out: Today all of a sudden my fingerprint, my pin, and my windows account password all stopped working.I am completely locked out of my windows laptop. Windows hello keeps saying my pin is wrong even though im 100% certain its the right pin.My windows password is not working...
  8. Windows 10 sign in locked out

Windows 10 sign in locked out: Today all of a sudden my fingerprint, my pin, and my windows account password all stopped working.I am completely locked out of my windows laptop. Windows hello keeps saying my pin is wrong even though im 100% certain its the right pin.My windows password is not working...
  9. Windows 10 sign in locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows 10 Sign In—Locked Out

Windows 10 Sign In—Locked Out: My windows 10 hp envy laptop is requiring a PIN number and only a PIN number to sign in. Usually I can unlock it with a fingerprint, and when that occasionally fails it asks for a pin or gives me sign in options. I never use a pin. Instead I sign in using one of the options....