Windows 10: Windows 10 single local administrator account mistakenly changed from full permission to no...

Discus and support Windows 10 single local administrator account mistakenly changed from full permission to no... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have windows 10 home and just a single local administrator account. By mistake I have changed the c drive security permission for authenticated... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Muhammad Mominul, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 single local administrator account mistakenly changed from full permission to no...

Hi,

I have windows 10 home and just a single local administrator account. By mistake I have changed the c drive security permission for authenticated user to no permission by unchecking all permission. Now, I can not run any settings/applications or do anything. This account does not have any permission and now i can't change it back to the original permission. I tried the following but did not work,

1) create new administrator user ( does not work because account does not have write access)

2) can not run anything as administrator.

3) can not run regedit or cmd or computer management or change user account type. Same permission error or get a message that says windows can not access the file.

4) reseting windows

Now I am totally stuck. I can't do anything. Please help

:)

Muhammad Mominul, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Change local account into administrator

Hi Ankit,

We appreciate you for providing these necessary information. We have another way on how to change your local account user into administrator account. Please follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select the user account, and click
      Change account type
    • Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop down menu.
    • Click OK to complete the task.

Note: If you are using an Administrator account, you could use the same instructions to change the type to a Standard User account.

Let us know in case you encounter an issue while following the steps provided.

Ryan Mon1, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 single local administrator account mistakenly changed from full permission to no...

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Windows 10 single local administrator account mistakenly changed from full permission to no...

1. Windows 10 single local administrator account mistakenly changed from full permission to no... - Similar Threads - single local administrator

2. Not a single account is administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not a single account is administrator.: Hi,I have a windows 10 laptop from dell, Recently while adding a new account to my laptop unfortunately I accidently made my original account an local account and now I have 2 local accounts on my pc. Whenever I ask an app to run as administrator, it shows as shown in the...
  3. Not a single account is administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not a single account is administrator.: Hi,I have a windows 10 laptop from dell, Recently while adding a new account to my laptop unfortunately I accidently made my original account an local account and now I have 2 local accounts on my pc. Whenever I ask an app to run as administrator, it shows as shown in the...
  4. Not a single account is administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to change from local account to administrator. No link to change that one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from local account to administrator. No link to change that one.: DCH <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Tue, Feb 14, 10:25 AM to Microsoft email sent before this date as well. I still can not change/make MY Local Account into an Administrator. That means I can not check for updates, download, or activate any applications. Also,...
  6. How to change from local account to administrator. No link to change that one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from local account to administrator. No link to change that one.: DCH <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Tue, Feb 14, 10:25 AM to Microsoft email sent before this date as well. I still can not change/make MY Local Account into an Administrator. That means I can not check for updates, download, or activate any applications. Also,...
  7. How to change Local Account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Local Account to Administrator: I can't change Local to Administrator so this is how it look like: Enter Username and Passwordbut I'm on my only account so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-account-to-administrator/a1bed261-609c-4af9-96ac-651d22812ac2
  8. My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(

My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(: I cannot make any changes or remove Apps. I have two Account. My Account to startup with shows as only Local.... How do I make it Administrator? I cannot add or remove anything. Help.......
  9. Windows 10 Local Administrator Account

Windows 10 Local Administrator Account: When I log in with our software administrator account that has Administrator rights and run the following command via a batch file (net user administrator /active:yes defaultpassword it properly activates the account. But as soon as I reboot the computer and log back in with...
  10. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...