Windows 10: Windows 10, Start Menu problems, Virus, corrupted files

Discus and support Windows 10, Start Menu problems, Virus, corrupted files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there, I have started having serious problems with my computer. It seems to have started this morning when all of a sudden my computer kept sort of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by appleman634, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10, Start Menu problems, Virus, corrupted files

Hey there, I have started having serious problems with my computer. It seems to have started this morning when all of a sudden my computer kept sort of refreshing explorer (the taskbar would disappear and reappear, etc.) so i decided it was time to run some scans, I ran Avast scan which found some minor detections, then i ran malwarebytes which found some more minor detections. I then downloaded adwcleaner which found some adware and hitmanpro found a bitcoin miner (issch.exe). First i let hitmanpro fix everything and then let adwcleaner fix the problems which causes a forced restart (really annoying), after this restart there was something about hitmanpro during the boot, no error message it just said hitmanpro v1... or something. then when i got to the log in screen it would not let me log in, everytime i restarted it gave me a different error msg when i tried to log in: wrong handle, cant connect to RSC servers or something, and so on. So i restored to hitmanpros checkpoint. after going through the above like 2 more times just in case i decided i would scan and remove the infected files/viruses manually which is what i have done.

Apart from that my windows 10 is failing, shortcuts arent working and their icons are gone. shortcuts on the taskbar barely work. I read about restoring the icon cache but i dont see how that could fix the broken shortcuts. I also ran SFC scannow which found some corrupted files but couldnt fix them. I will attach the CBS.log

CBS.log - Google Drive

sorry for the long post but i just want to make sure you guys have the full picture, any help is appreciated. Thanks Windows 10, Start Menu problems, Virus, corrupted files :)

:)

appleman634, Aug 13, 2016
  2. Jose Est Win User

Related to cortana?

Hi,

Corruption in the user profile, virus or malware infection and damaged or missing system files are some examples that can cause Cortana to stop or not work.

Refer to this article for a step-by-step
    guide in troubleshooting issues with Cortana.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Aug 13, 2016
  3. I deleted Cortana from WindowsApps folder... Search bar is not working so I want to reinstall everything.

Hi,

A corrupted operating system is one of the possible causes why the Start menu or Cortana is not working properly. We recommend that you run a full scan using Windows Defender or your preferred anti-virus. If the issue persists, we suggest that you follow
    the series of troubleshooting steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Note: The last resort that you can do is to reset your device and choose the Keep my files option. Please create a backup file just in case you might encounter some issues during the reset process. In that way, we can avoid data loss.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Raymond Ave, Aug 13, 2016
  4. Windows 10, Start Menu problems, Virus, corrupted files

Please post the malware logs so members might advise any corrective action.

Your CBS log looks like you need to repair your system files:

DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums
    or
    Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    or
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

You want to download the current Win10 ISO and use that to repair the file corruption
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    But FIRST you need to clean up the malware on your machine. The logs will tell members more about the infections and what else might need to be done

Slartybart, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10, Start Menu problems, Virus, corrupted files

1. Windows 10, Start Menu problems, Virus, corrupted files - Similar Threads - Start Menu problems

2. Windows 10 start menu problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start menu problem: I don't know what happened, but I was messing around with my windows 10 pc and something happened and now the start menu won't open and the updates don't work. I tried sfc /scannow but the message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." keeps popping...
  3. Windows 10 start menu problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start menu problem: I don't know what happened, but I was messing around with my windows 10 pc and something happened and now the start menu won't open and the updates don't work. I tried sfc /scannow but the message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." keeps popping...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Problems: Having just upgraded from 8.1 to 10, I was distressed to find that all of the tiles from my Windows 8.1 configuration had disappeared. In an effort to recreate the 8.1 experience, I have turned on "Use start full screen" in Settings - Personalization - Start. Windows 8.1 used...
  5. VIRUS AND CORRUPTED FILE PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VIRUS AND CORRUPTED FILE PROBLEMS: so the problem that i got is that just now i think i downloaded some sort of software but it got virus in it, after i restarted my computer, all my pdf and microsoft word files seems to be corrupted ? because suddenly all of those files changed into for example: from...
  6. Corrupted Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu: I upgraded to 1909 yesterday, and, among other things, the tiling operation of Start Menus is corrupted. For random tiles, they either don't work and/or cannot be moved, or some shortcuts are not successfully pinned. They either do or don't show up in the apps list on the...
  7. corrupted start menu and windows apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    corrupted start menu and windows apps.: Good morning, My problem started about 2 weeks ago. whenever I try to open 'start menu' there is this popup : critical error please log out. and that's what I did at first, but the problem was never fixed. Then I discovered more issues, none of windows apps is working :...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu corrupted – Tile Database is corrupt

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu corrupted – Tile Database is corrupt: [ATTACH] [IMG]The Windows 10 Start Menu is quite a stable experience, but there are times when it can self–destruct for some reason and become corrupt. If this has happened to you in the past, then worry not because we‘re here to [...] This post Windows 10 Start Menu...
  9. Corrupted Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu Icons: Hello Windows 10 Forum, I am frequently getting corrupted icons appearing in my Start Menu. These icons are appearing anyways if I am signed in with Microsoft or with a local account. I am really annoyed with these white icons. I would be thankful if this great forum could...
  10. Windows 10 start menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu problems: Downloaded W10 last night (from win 8.1) and right out of the gate I am having problems with the start menu. 1) can't get live tiles to work on tiles in the start menu 2) some are garyed out 3) I remember seeing extra large app sizes in the W10 preview builds but...