Windows 10: Windows 10 startup problem (blue screen) + DISM command fails

Discus and support Windows 10 startup problem (blue screen) + DISM command fails in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everything was fine until one day , I turned on my laptop and see my Windows 10, cannot load for an unknown reason. It shows "System Service Exception"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlirezaP, Jul 15, 2019.

1. AlirezaP Win User

Windows 10 startup problem (blue screen) + DISM command fails

Everything was fine until one day , I turned on my laptop and see my Windows 10, cannot load for an unknown reason. It shows "System Service Exception" blue screen of death, just before startup. Now, I am just able to run it in safe mode. Unfortunately I don't have any restore point or image of windows 10. (Just have images of windows 7, which the new one is upgraded from).

I tried many ways to repair such as PC Reset, but none completed succusfully. even chkdsk command cannot be completed and stucks at 32%. I also uninstalled all new installed softwares and anti-virus, it didn't help.

The last method I want to try is DISM command (In safe mode). but it's strange that after 85% of running DISM, it fails and I receive error 1084, saying "this service cannot be started in safe mode"!

I apperciate if anyone can guide me to repair my windows and find DISM problem. I cannot reinstall windows 10 becasue of lack of any image of that.

:)

AlirezaP, Jul 15, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 startup problem (blue screen) + DISM command fails

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 startup problem (blue screen) + DISM command fails

1. Windows 10 startup problem (blue screen) + DISM command fails - Similar Threads - startup problem blue

2. Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 for about four years, and this is the first time I have ever gotten the BSOD on this version of the OS. I was on Google Chrome with a few tabs open, and all of a sudden, I got the blue screen, and within a second, it restarted. This all...
  3. Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 for about four years, and this is the first time I have ever gotten the BSOD on this version of the OS. I was on Google Chrome with a few tabs open, and all of a sudden, I got the blue screen, and within a second, it restarted. This all...
  4. Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Blue Screen and Startup: Hello. I have been using Windows 10 for about four years and this is the first time I have ever got the BSOD on this version of the OS. I was on Google chrome with a few tabs open and sudden, I got the blue screen and within a second it restarted. This all happened within...
  5. dism command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dism command: Hi so when i did dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup it stopsnon 20% and says it done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-command/a622031b-1790-4347-b76c-75d4a06b7d0b
  6. dism command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism command: Hi so when i did dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup it stopsnon 20% and says it done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-command/a622031b-1790-4347-b76c-75d4a06b7d0b
  7. dism command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. DISM commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM commands: I am attempting to repair an external drive connected to this computer. In command prompt, administrator level, I entered the command "dism /Image:f:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth" and it returned the message "Error 126; An Error occurred while attempting to start the...
  9. Having problems with the dism command

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Having problems with the dism command: I'm getting an error when trying to use this command. It happened when it was around 85% complete. It said the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (error 1058) So I tried to search for the dism...
  10. Having problems with the dism command

in Windows 10 Support
    Having problems with the dism command: I'm getting an error when trying to use this command. It happened when it was around 85% complete. It said the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (error 1058) So I tried to search for the dism...