Windows 10: Windows 10 Store Error Code 0x80131500

Discus and support Windows 10 Store Error Code 0x80131500 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Happy Easter, I'm using the time during the Easter holidays to get rid of a nasty problem on my system: Suddenly (I really can't remember if I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jedi23, Apr 13, 2020.

1. jedi23 Win User

Windows 10 Store Error Code 0x80131500

Happy Easter,

I'm using the time during the Easter holidays to get rid of a nasty problem on my system:
    Suddenly (I really can't remember if I have done anything harmful to my PC) from one day to another, there are some problems with some Microsoft services on my Windows 10 (version 1909) computer which prevents me using some MS programs on my system.

-> I can not activate my Office 365 account. When I try to login, the login Window just dissappears after entering my Email address. I can activate my Office account on other PCs, so it's a problem with this specific computer.

-> the "old" Edge browser shows only the "Hmmm...can’t reach this page" error

I tried
    -Clear Edge browser cache
    -Enable IPv6
    -Start DNS client
    -Change default/preset DNS
    -Reset internet connection
    -Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter

with no success. The new Chrome based browser works. Though I don't use the Edge browsers, this bahaviour maybe helps to narrow down the error source!

-> and finally some Microsoft UWP Apps don't work and I get the frequently bespoken error code 0x80131500 when opening the Microsoft Store.
    Here as well, I tried many many solutions I could found on the web, like:

-Run the Windows Store Troubleshooter
    -Reset the Microsoft Store cache
    -Check your date and time settings
    -Change the region settings on your computer
    -Change your internet connection
    -Create a new user account
    -Re-register the Microsoft Store app via PowerShell
    -Modify your DNS settings
    -Run System File Checker (SFC) and DISM
    -Temporarily disable the firewall on your antivirus program

I also tried the following:
    open gpedit.msc and turn on all encryptions protocols: Computer and user configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Internet Explorer | Internet Control Panel | Advanced Page | Turn off encryption support - set to Enabled and in drop-down menu choose all protocols (SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2

But not a single one of the proposed solutions solved my problem!
    Even after performing a full upgrade to version 1909 (not the windows update from 1903) , the problems are still the same.

What's still working is the following: login to my Windows Account, Windows Updates, login to the OneDrive Desktop App.

Of course, I tried to use many system cleaning / adware removing tools as well!

I think there must me a simple solution to the problem. Maybe my Windows configuration can't use some sockets or ports to communicate with some Microsoft services that are using these ports, sockets or whatever.

But the fact, that it occured suddenly from one day to another and that I tried so many solution suggestions on the web makes me wonder, whats the culprit in my system.

Any suggestions besides a reinstallation are greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

:)

jedi23, Apr 13, 2020

2. Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

Hi
    Thanks for suggestions
    I had tried all except re registering MSoft Store , but that unfortunately did not work .

Very intermittently use SurfEasy VPN, but last time used pre dated this build & problem by some time.

Have built pc systems /rebuilt windows op system literally100's times over 25 years for myself and others, and troubleshooted most known problems but this looks like a reinstall.
    Not listed in Microsoft web notice as ongoing issue involving current build.

Only had Store problem once before since it was introduced years ago, and that was easily resolved !

Tweakfiend, Apr 13, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

Hi, you could of course try
    Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter in Windows 10
    and then
    Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10

You say you've tried this:
    Fix: Windows Store Error Code 0x80131500 - Appuals.com

Are you using a VPN?

You could try
    Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10

This suggests the problem (amongst other things) could be related to services. Have you modified or disabled any? Worth checking.
    Fix: Windows Store Error Code 0x80131500 - Appuals.com

(Tweaking.com's free repair tool has a useful option to reset services to default).

dalchina, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Store Error Code 0x80131500

Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

I fixed the Microsoft store 0x80131500 error as follows:

Open iexplore (Windows-R), it's an old browser type that was used when Windows came out
    Click the gear icon (top right) to open the Internet Options dialogue
    Click the [Advanced] tab
    Scroll down to where the TLS options are listed
    Select the oldies like 1.0 and 1.1
    Open Microsoft Store again, it should load

ZADrikusRoux, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Store Error Code 0x80131500

1. Windows 10 Store Error Code 0x80131500 - Similar Threads - Store Error Code

2. Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80131500

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80131500: When I try to access the Microsoft Store I get Error Code: 0x80131500 Before you go through all of the Ultra-Geeky hassle and possibly dangerous methods posted elsewhere in this forum, try checking your Internet Security settings as outlined below: Possible Fix:...
  3. Microsoft Store Error Code 0x80131500

Microsoft Store Error Code 0x80131500: Code : 0x80131500 CV : 4BX1VsIjEE2lkBV6 I've tried all these method, they didn't work 1. I tried open Windows Update and UAC - failed. 2. I tried wsreset.exe - failed. 3. I tried unselect SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 and 1.1, select TLS 1.2 and 1.3 - failed. 4. I tried...
  4. Store error code 0x80131500

Store error code 0x80131500: My store is having the error code 0x80131500 and i have tried doing everything and all the possible solution i could find but nothing is working how do i fix my store?...
  5. Windows 10 Store Error Code 0x80131500

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Store Error Code 0x80131500: Happy Easter, I'm using the time during the Easter holidays to get rid of a nasty problem on my system: Suddenly (I really can't remember if I have done anything harmful to my PC) from one day to another, there are some problems with some Microsoft services on my Windows 10...
  6. Microsoft Store Error Code 0x80131500

Microsoft Store Error Code 0x80131500: Whenever I launch the store, the screen turns gray and tells me to try again later and gives me this code. I have checked out the other forums regarding this issue and tried their solutions but I have not had any luck. Any ideas? Thanks...
  7. Windows Store Error Code Code: 0x80131500

Windows Store Error Code Code: 0x80131500: I've recently installed windows on my laptop and this error has been popping up whenever i try opening the store, i've done the following things to no avail - reset the store cache, windows store apps troubleshooter, making a new user account. Any help would be appreciated...
  8. Micxrosoft Store Error Code: 0x80131500

Micxrosoft Store Error Code: 0x80131500: When I try to access the Microsoft Store I get Error Code: 0x80131500 CV: 0H5MOZaq8Uye8k8W I've tried wsreset.exe- no success https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micxrosoft-store-error-code-0x80131500/876f086a-c622-45c7-ace9-384ac357d3a8"
  9. Microsoft Store error code Code: 0x80131500

Microsoft Store error code Code: 0x80131500: I had to have my laptop repaired and when it came back to me from HP I had to reinstall my factory settings of my software. Everything was okay until I removed the original anti virus-McAfee and installed my Norton through Century Link. My Microsoft Store will not work. I...
  10. Micxrosoft Store Error Code: 0x80131500

Micxrosoft Store Error Code: 0x80131500: When I try to access the Microsoft Store I get Error Code: 0x80131500 CV: 0H5MOZaq8Uye8k8W I've tried wsreset.exe- no success I've tried https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/microsoft-store-fix-problems-with-apps - no success I've tried to reset my region,...
Tags: