Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on full reset, trying to update

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on full reset, trying to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer, a slower model with Windows 10, has been stuck trying to download an update since two days ago. Anytime I turn it on, it shows a quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eastbrokenfish, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 stuck on full reset, trying to update

My computer, a slower model with Windows 10, has been stuck trying to download an update since two days ago. Anytime I turn it on, it shows a quick help screen with time, date, and language settings, then says my reset failed because my computer needs to be updated. I click next, it restarts mu computer, and brings me back to the same screen. There are no other buttons, wifi works, and it will not update. I do have installation media from a few months ago. Should I redownload to get an updated installation media? It doesn't even ask for anything besides an "update". What is wrong with it??

:)

eastbrokenfish, Apr 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Nate W.H. Win User
    Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Apr 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 stuck on full reset, trying to update

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on full reset, trying to update

1. Windows 10 stuck on full reset, trying to update - Similar Threads - stuck full reset

2. Windows 11 reset stuck full reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reset stuck full reset: Hi,I am performing a windows 11 reset and my screens seems stuck at 'een ogenblik geduld' which translates to wait a moment or something. There is nothing moving in the screen and I have waited for 45 minutes or so. I see some people getting stuck where the reset shows a % or...
  3. Windows 11 reset stuck full reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 reset stuck full reset: Hi,I am performing a windows 11 reset and my screens seems stuck at 'een ogenblik geduld' which translates to wait a moment or something. There is nothing moving in the screen and I have waited for 45 minutes or so. I see some people getting stuck where the reset shows a % or...
  4. Windows 10 20h2 Full reset Stuck At 50%.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20h2 Full reset Stuck At 50%.: Hi so I was having some performance issues so I decided to reset windows 10. I selected remove everything option. From 2 hours it's stuck at 50% Please Tell if there's a solution to this as this is my main laptop. Thanks...
  5. Brightness still stuck on FULL after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness still stuck on FULL after reset: I have reset my laptop fresh installed windows for other reasons thinking that the brightness issue would sort itself out as well as other issues i was having but no still on full brightness, i have tried uninstalling my AMD RADEON HD 7420G driver but that hasn't changed a...
  6. Full reset stuck for 17 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full reset stuck for 17 hours: Hello everyone, i have a problem and i hope someone here can help me my pc has been taking a long time to boot up about 8 minutes considering its strong pc and has nvme ssd it shouldnt so i decided to do a full reset on all hard drives and delete all the files and i have it...
  7. PC stuck at rebooting during full reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck at rebooting during full reset: I had to reset my PC due to some problems with my drivers... I selected that everything should be reset, all drives and files. I then pressed on "reset" and then I had to wait for it to reach 100%. When the window reached 100% my PC automatically restarted. Now I'm stuck at...
  8. Windows full reset stuck at 33%

Windows full reset stuck at 33%: Hello, i was going to reset my pc (full reset) But it is stuck at 33% for 2 hours is this normal and do i just have to wait or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-full-reset-stuck-at-33/2b2e731f-ce93-4115-ba36-b12d4a37bf32
  9. windows full reset stuck at 10% , dotted circle still spinning with the words "resetting...

windows full reset stuck at 10% , dotted circle still spinning with the words "resetting...: I've done a full reset of the pc choosing the option to remove everything as i plan to give the pc to a family member however its been stuck on 10% for a few hours now , the loading circle still spins but no progress is made ,please help....
  10. Windows 10 Reset stuck on Update

Windows 10 Reset stuck on Update: I reset my Dell Laptop and got to the following screen [IMG] When I select next I get the following screen [IMG] When I select next it says just a moment with rotating dots then after several minutes I am brought back to the first screen. I have done this at leastr 10...