Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar items are not working / opening. HELP

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar items are not working / opening. HELP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, After I installed the latest update of WIndows 10 insider program, I am unable to preview or open Windows 10 taskbar itemslike network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Safe Khawaja, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 taskbar items are not working / opening. HELP

Hello,

After I installed the latest update of WIndows 10 insider program, I am unable to preview or open Windows 10 taskbar itemslike network connections, notification bar, time, volume neither from taskbar nor from the settings place. can someone kindly help. is this a windows bug. ?? how should i reslove this issue.

:)

Safe Khawaja, Mar 7, 2020
  2. eidairaman1, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pinned item not working HELP!

Something I've experienced relating to taskbar in windows 10 ,is for some reason ,when you have it set to "lock taskbar", it can cause problems. try unlocking the taskbar, and maybe changing the "auto hide" setting ,and see if that helps possibly. These were issues that were patched out of earlier versions of windows 10 but maybe it has something to do with your issue as well.

Are you on the most recent version of windows? Everything is up-to-date?

Did you try the fix I posted earlier?

jboydgolfer, Mar 7, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 taskbar items are not working / opening. HELP

Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar

Hi, you might find this helpful:
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

or
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    from the Tutorial section
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index | Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar items are not working / opening. HELP

1. Windows 10 taskbar items are not working / opening. HELP - Similar Threads - taskbar items are

2. multiple items on taskbar is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple items on taskbar is not working: Hi,I don't know what happen but for some reason most of the items on my taskbar is not working this includes; search bar, calendar, and even weather....
  3. multiple items on taskbar is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple items on taskbar is not working: Hi,I don't know what happen but for some reason most of the items on my taskbar is not working this includes; search bar, calendar, and even weather....
  4. Taskbar items not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar items not working properly: I noticed a while ago I couldn't open my calendar by left clicking on my clock as I normally did. Then I realized clicking the volume button wouldn't open the volume control, and now I find right clicking on or hovering above apps in the taskbar i.e. File Explorer does...
  5. Taskbar items not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar items not working properly: I noticed a while ago I couldn't open my calendar by left clicking on my clock as I normally did. Then I realized clicking the volume button wouldn't open the volume control, and now I find right clicking on or hovering above apps in the taskbar i.e. File Explorer does...
  6. Taskbar items not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 multiple items on taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 multiple items on taskbar not working: Recently noticed that multiple items on my taskbar are not working. These are the ones I observed:SearchClock/CalendarWeatherWhen I click/hover on any of these it tries to start a blank window appears for a second and closes immediately. I tried multiple suggestions like SFC...
  8. Taskbar Items Not Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Items Not Working?: Hello all, By Task Bar items I mean; Start button, Cortana search, speaker icon, Network icon, Date/time. When I click on the badge(?) nothing happens. The apps like File Explorer, Chrome open with no problem. If i Right click Start button and click Search then nothing...
  9. taskbar and menu items not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    taskbar and menu items not working: After an apparently smooth upgrade to Win 10 I realised the buttons on the taskbar don't lauch the programs anymore. Nor do the items on the start menu. The only few that work are the ones added by Win 10 such as Microsoft Edge, and inexplicably Skype and Viber. I have...
  10. Taskbar Items Not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Items Not working: Start, Search items won't open from the taskbar. Clicking on Start or search results in the busy icon showing for less that a second and nothing else happens! Tried restarting explorer - no joy. 11982

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i pin sites to taskbar in explorer